Word 2016 has no option to print in color?

My OS is Windows 10, run office 365 (2016 version).  In Word documents I have an option to print in color.  I am using an HP laserJet CP5225n printer. Excel do not have any Problem to print documents in color.  Have tried resetting the printer, options, setup, drivers update, etc.  Frustrated - what am I missing?  

Hi Ahmed,

You can print documents with background color or image in Word by enabling it in Options. Follow the instructions in this article. The link applies to Word 2013 but the steps are also applicable to Word 2016. If it’s already enabled but still unable to print colored Word documents, we need you to answer the following:

• Which Windows 10 build are you using? Click here for instructions on how to find your Windows 10 build.
  • Which build and version of Office 365 are you using? Here’s a link to the steps on how to find your Office 365 build and version.
  • Did you make any changes before this issue happened?

We will be waiting for your response.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Have you checked on all of the tabs of the Printer Properties dialog for that printer?

It should be there somewhere.  If not, check with HP as it's their dialog.

Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - MVP Office Apps & Services (Word)
dougrobbinsmvp@gmail.com
It's time to replace ‘Diversity, Equity & Inclusion’ with ‘Excellence, Opportunity & Civility’ - V Ramaswamy

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated August 7, 2023 Views 4,731 Applies to: