Won't let me sign in

Office apps won't let me sign in. At first it tells me to sign in by putting my email and password in. I put my email and password in and a message comes up that says "This account isn't associated with this Office product. To activate this install, please sign in with the email associated with your product. If you purchased office for yourself, use the same account that you used when purchasing office". The email I tried signing in with is the email I used when purchasing office. Is there another way to sign in to my office apps?

Thanks!!  

Hello Beth,

We understand that you are having problems when signing in to your Microsoft Office applications. For isolation purposes, we suggest that you log in to your account online and check if you will be able to log in successfully. You may refer to the steps provided in this article on how to sign in to Office from your web browser.

We look forward to your response.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Sign in at http://www.office.com/myaccount and verify that you can access your Office account. You can manage the installation from that site.

Note that the computer manufacturer or Windows 10 itself may include a trial version of Office and you need to uninstall that version. Click the Windows logo on the taskbar and look for "Get Office" in the list of installed apps. You can right-click it and choose to Uninstall. (Similarly, you may have to go to Programs and Features in Control Panel and uninstall any trial version listed there.)

Stefan Blom
Microsoft 365 Word MVP since 2005
Volunteer Moderator (Office)
MS 365, Win 11 Pro
~~~~
Please note that I do not work for Microsoft
MVP program info: https://mvp.microsoft.com/
~~~~

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated October 11, 2021 Views 1,828 Applies to: