why microsoft excel and word not working

why microsoft excel and word not working

|

Hi, thank you for reaching out. My name is Deeksha and I'm a Microsoft user like yourself and I will try to help you as best as I can today. Step 1: Check for Updates Ensure that both Excel and Word are up to date. This can resolve issues caused by bugs in earlier software versions. Open any Office application. Go to File > Account. Under Product Information, select Update Options and then choose Update Now. Step 2: Restart Your Computer Simple restarts can fix a surprising number of issues by clearing out temporary files and stopping stuck processes. Step 3: Repair Office Using the built-in repair utility can fix issues with the Office suite. Close all Office applications. Go to Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features. Find and select your Microsoft Office installation in the list. Click Change at the top of the Programs and Features window. Select Quick Repair and click Repair. If the issue persists, try Online Repair but note that it’s more comprehensive and requires a good internet connection. Step 4: Check for Add-ins Conflicts Open Excel or Word in Safe Mode by holding the Ctrl key while opening the program, or by typing excel /safe or winword /safe in the Run dialog (press Win+R to open). If the applications work fine in Safe Mode, disable add-ins one by one to identify the culprit. Go to File > Options > Add-ins. At the bottom of the window, select COM Add-ins and click Go. Uncheck add-ins to disable them and restart the application normally to test. Step 5: Check Your Antivirus Software Ensure that your antivirus software is not blocking or interfering with Excel or Word. You might need to adjust your antivirus settings or create an exception for Office applications. Step 6: Check for System Updates Make sure your operating system is up to date, as compatibility issues can sometimes arise from outdated system files. Go to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update. Click Check for updates. Step 7: Create a New User Profile Create a new user profile through Control Panel > User Accounts > Manage another account > Add a new user in PC settings. Log in with the new user profile and try running Excel and Word. Step 8: Uninstall and Reinstall Office As a last resort, uninstalling and then reinstalling Office can resolve persistent issues. Uninstall Office through Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features. Reinstall Office from the official Microsoft website or from your original installation media. Try these steps and hopefully, it resolves your issue. In case you need further help or assistance, please let us know. You can also contact Microsoft Support if the problem persists. Best regards Deeksha

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 17, 2024 Views 23 Applies to: