Why is my One Drive folder now called "Personal"?

My OneDrive folder used to be called just that, but now it keeps adding a "personal" after that. It really triggers my ocd and I can't rename it. Is there a way to remove the personal thing? it's not like I have a business or any other one drive folder.

Hi rafael_adamy,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for sharing your concern with us today.

I understand that why your One Drive folder now called "Personal". I am glad to offer you help on this issue.

OneDrive used not to be separate from personal and business, now it is divided into business and personal, this is the system name, cannot be changed, but the file can be deleted. But I don't suggest you to delete it in case something goes wrong.

The link below is the delete operation, but be careful.

Click here to get the link.

(Disclaimer: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate and safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.)

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 27, 2024 Views 1,179 Applies to: