Why does my microsoft account say it doesn’t exist yet it does

Hello Ronderos M Hi, I'm Karl and will be happy to help you today. First, just so there is no misunderstanding, this is a public user-to-user support forum. We're users helping other users. We do not work for Microsoft and have no access to any user account so there is nothing we can do or check from within the forum. First, to clarify, there is a big difference between a Microsoft Account existing and an email address being associated with an account because it has been added as a recovery email address. In your first screenshot, that indicates that you may have had a Microsoft Account that was created using the @gmail address. Since you have stated that the account may have been hacked, if the hacker removed the @gmail address as an alias to the account, you would encounter the error as shown in the first screenshot. Removing an alias would not result in any errors being found with the account The other screenshots indicate that this email address has been used as a recovery email address on the 2 email accounts listed. That is completely different. For information, I have a detailed article on the "does not exist error" Basics: Account “does not exist” error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/all/account-does-not-exist-error/21f1fe08-cf99-425a-92c2-d440c38feb53?tm=1678759942738 If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask, we're here to help you further if needed.

Karl Timmermans [Outlook MVP 2012-2018]

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

In your first screenshot, that indicates that you may have had a Microsoft Account that was created using the @gmail address. Since you have stated that the account may have been hacked, if the hacker removed the @gmail address as an alias to the account, you would encounter the error as shown in the first screenshot

thank you for your input, yes it seems to have been hacked since the current supposed username it's associated with is one similar to another that tried to hack another of my online accounts with, the email provider @znemail.com. This one though seems to have been successful. I'm just in need of help getting my account back from this hacker since my account has insane amounts of personal information and just overall online products I've bought throughout the years.

I would really love Microsoft's personal, direct support on this issue as soon as possible.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

--- I would really love Microsoft's personal, direct support on this issue as soon as possible. ---- To stress what was mentioned at the start of my previous response "this is a public user-to-user support forum. We're users helping other users. We do not work for Microsoft and have no access to any user account so there is nothing we can do or check from within the forum. We have no input on Microsoft's policies, procedures, or design decisions." In short, this forum is not Microsoft Support. With that said, only the account owner can recover an account. Microsoft Support cannot assist. Unfortunately there is only one way to recover an email account and that is via the Microsoft Account Recovery form and if that fails after repeated attempts (up to 2 times a day), the account is effectively lost. There is no way to recover an account any other way. The form only applies if 2 factor authentication has <NOT> been enabled and you have successfully logged into the account within the last one year period https://account.live.com/acsr In case this helps Help with the Microsoft account recovery form https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/account-billing/help-with-the-microsoft-account-recovery-form-b19c02d1-a782-dee6-93c3-dc8113b20c42 If using the Account Recovery form is not successful, then Account recovery unsuccessful https://support.microsoft.com/account-billing/account-recovery-unsuccessful-dc56c3e3-dff0-4ed5-8edb-60290eea6b53 If that still proves to be unsuccessful, the account is unfortunately, effectively lost. There are no alternate procedures that anyone in the forum can provide - sorry. Cannot provide a solution that does not exist, Lastly, there is also no point in trying to contact Microsoft Support for an account you cannot access as explicitly stated at the 2m 8sec mark in the following Microsoft video What to do if you can't sign in to your Microsoft account https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAGyqGE8kJw&t=1s

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask, we're here to help you further if needed. </NOT>

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

"this is a public user-to-user support forum. We're users helping other users. We do not work for Microsoft and have no access to any user account so there is nothing we can do or check from within the forum. We have no input on Microsoft's policies, procedures, or design decisions." In short, this forum is not Microsoft Support. With that said, only the account owner can recover an account. Microsoft Support cannot assist.

thank you i didnt understand for some reason the main problem now being the fact that the account I'm trying to recover says it no longer exists since the email for my Microsoft account has been changed to the hackers current email that he placed in my account. Are you absolutely sure there's no way for me to contact Microsoft for any form of account recovery?Image

Also, I don't know if it is worth mentioning but my computer is still signed into the lost Microsoft account still showing my original email. The same one that keeps on saying the "Microsoft account you've entered does not exist" every time I use it to try to sign in.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

---- Are you absolutely sure there's no way for me to contact Microsoft for any form of account recovery? ---- Unfortunately, yes. In addition to the Microsoft YouTube video I referenced in the previous reply, it is also stated in Lastly, there is no point in contacting Microsoft support about an account that you cannot access as described at the top of the following article How to get support for Outlook.com https://support.microsoft.com/office/how-to-get-support-for-outlook-com-f5482a98-616c-4d44-b7c5-8aaaadf5c11a https://filestore.community.support.microsoft.com/api/images/f61e9a7f-c4e6-448a-a2ea-333ffb04ca62?upload=true&fud_access=TCzq1iDpL2dhiKv23orFMKYsqTi7BThO9hhxOgfxBWkGV96L68iVUgNBLXze0tRjYkye1IuDptX%2F%2BqfVCeZh424CcGjiVYQPPFS8YKA2ZfgESyhCe8mEXuTmeCWdTfQEBeBo48iv27qMyqXJ2nuseClCuA4k0OE3q3gFSxj9HURAyRujWlBHnuYYe%2F96vWpoEXVk3vHuvsiKIsah9qtZrZnVgc%2FzdXXEvLDJBAff2s1Dkm30BlegKYrATL0IZGYJ%2FH3OH0mi9gc3X4cFkGJxw7YrEBSZ8%2Ft4Il%2FiZ0N5ZM2V116chSu5U6kCdsBsYXZfEt2JwggkHaLdL4sbu39SdCBYe%2FCO5rNncG70Po5DN8nU5qkSJlwejNhi6FHgVZ4DI5Cx621IKuDjL%2B7ORWhhpVLzXO0wLamqsNNu7jYrcH8%3D IN reference to your computer still being logged, all that means is that the email address was removed after you last logged in. What you are going to find is that if you log out of the account, you won't be able to log into the account again.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thats extremely depressing to hear, especially with all the personal information in that account. Can i at least freeze the account since it still has my cards and other persona info i don't like having just in the hands of a random person? I'm sorry for persisting on this issue its just extremely stressful.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I can certainly appreciate the frustration In terms of freezing the account, to be perfectly honest, not sure of a definitive way on how to do that. All I can suggest is to contact MS Support using the account you are using to post here in the forum via the following link and ask if they will lock the your old account for you. I have seen a couple of people say that they were able to do that but not once have I seen a report that the original account could be recovered. All I can say is that it won't hurt to try https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/contactus/

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated February 13, 2024 Views 407 Applies to: