Why do meeting invites show times in Japan Standard Time?

I am located in the Pacific Standard time zone, however when I receive meeting invites from external partners, the details within the invite display the correct date and time but in Japan Standard Time.

For example, a partner just emailed me an invite for our meeting tomorrow, Friday December 1st @ 10am PST, which is correct. The invite came from a Google Calendar appointment. When I open up the appointment to look at the details, I see this:

When:  Sat 2 Dec 2017  3am-3:45am Tokyo

This is technically correct and the appointment shows in the right time in my calendar, but why does it give the Tokyo time in the first place and how can I change that? It has confused several of my partners who think I'm taking late night calls from Japan.

Answer
Answer

Hi LukeIcenhower,

Based on my test, if you are using Outlook for MAC, the time zone will display the sender's time zone, And if you are using Outlook for Windows, the time zone will change to your time zone. So I need to confirm if you are using a MAC or Windows.

And if you are using Outlook for Windows, please follow the steps to check your time zone: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Add-remove-or-change-time-zones-5ab3e10e-5a6c-46af-ab48-156fedf70c04

If the issue persists, could you please provide more details for a better assistance?

1. Please tell me what account you are using. (Outlook.com, Office 365 account or others)
  2. Could you please provide a screenshot of the issue? (Please mask your personal information)
  3. You mentioned the invite came from Google Calendar. May I know if the issue occurs on other invite?
  4. Besides, I want to confirm if you are using a MAC or PC.

Waiting for your response.

Regards,

Carlos 

-------------------------------------------------
If you feel a reply works for you, please kindly vote or mark it as it will be beneficial to other community members reading this thread.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated October 5, 2023 Views 481 Applies to: