Why am I not receiving a verification code when trying to sign in to verify my account

Why am I not receiving a verification code when trying to sign in to verify my account

|

Hi Burntislander, You might want to try after some time or use another way to get a verification code. Are you trying to get a verification code on your mobile phone or on your email? We'll be here for your response. - Amit

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Amit

On my email. I've even tried another email address which takes me into account.live.com and I answer the various questions, however have never received a response on any occasion. If I reinstall my Office Home & Student 2016 would this work - I don't want to lose anything so have avoided doing this yet.

If it helps I use a desktop not a laptop.

Many thanks

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

1. I am guessing that you are trying to login to your Microsoft account and for that you need a verification code sent to the alternative email address. Did you finally receive the security code on the alternative email address? Do you have any other way to verify your identity? Like: a. Mobile phone number updated on the account b. 2-factor authentication via Microsoft Authenticator app c. 25-digit Recovery Code 2. You said, "I've even tried another email address which takes me into account.live.com and I answer the various questions, however have never received a response on any occasion.", do you mean that this a different Microsoft account that you are trying to log into and have been directed to the account recovery form, which you have filled but didn't get any response from the Microsoft team? If this is a different account, then do you have any other way (mentioned in point 1) to verify your identity on this account? We'll be here for your response. - Amit

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Amit

Many thanks again for your response.

1. Yes I received the security code on the alternative email address.

I don't think my mobile number is on my account

As far as I am aware I do not have 2-factor authentication

Where would I find a 25-digit recovery code if I have one?

2. I went in to Recover Account put in my email address and the alternative email address, received the Security Code and filled out as much of the details requested as I could several times but have never received a response from Microsoft.

Apologies if I am not communicating this well as I am not very familiar with this kind of stuff. I am tempted to upgrade my Office Home & Student 2016 for a more up to date package, however will this help solve my issue?

Many thanks again for your assistance

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

You are welcome. 1. I think we are talking about two different things. a. I think you got the security code on the alternative email address that you entered before filling in the Account Recovery form. b. And I am talking about an alternative email address that is already updated on your account which I now feel that you don't. Let's check that: - Go to account.microsoft.com - Click on Sign in - Enter your email and click Next - When prompted to enter your password, click on 'Forgot password?' - Use links like 'Other ways to sign in', 'Use a different verification option', 'Show more verification methods' etc. and check if you are provided an alternative way to verify your identity, like sending a security code to an alternative email address that is already on file on your Microsoft account 2. When you generate a 25-digit recovery code, you have to store it somewhere in a note. If you never stored one, then probably you didn't generate one. Note 1: It is important to protect email accounts with updated security info (like alternative email address, mobile phone number etc.), 2-factor authentication via Microsoft Authenticator app, 25-digit Recovery Code etc. National IDs can't be used to verify identity because they were not used for creating these accounts. 3. Ideally, after filling in the Account Recovery form you get a response within 24 hours. If you didn't get a response, you can try filling in the form again and this time use a trusted device that you used previously to login to this Microsoft account and the location you mostly accessed it from to reset the password and recover the account. Trusted devices can be your Xbox, smartphone, computer etc. Here is the link with more information to improve your chances of success with the Account Recovery form --> https://support.microsoft.com/help/b19c02d1-a782-dee6-93c3-dc8113b20c42 Note 2: To ensure your account's security, Microsoft can't access or help you recover your account. But until you get back in, nobody else can access your account either. So, your information will stay secure. 4. Please check out this video by Microsoft --> Recover your account: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAGyqGE8kJw&t=12s

Note: Please watch the video until the end. 5. And check out this link for all the support information available on Microsoft accounts: https://support.microsoft.com/help/ace6f3b3-e2d3-aeb1-6b96-d2e9e7e52133 -Amit

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

verification emails are not being sent to me so i cant verify my email adress :(

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Amit

Many thanks again for your further response.

1. a. Correct

b. When I click Forgot Password the only options I get are

my main email address

I have a code

I don't have any of these. This is the option I have tried several times without success.

However, when I try to sign in at account.microsoft.com with my main email address it does now give me the option of signing in with my alternative email address which takes me into my account. However, this only shows my alternative email address and does not include my main email address which is the one I require verification on.

2. Noted

3. Noted, however I have never accessed my account from anywhere other than my desktop

4. When I go into recover your account for some reason there is an email address (which certainly is not anything to do with me) already populated in the field for the account I am trying to get back into. This set alarm bells ringing with me - is it just an example that appears here or is there something else going on?

5. Trying again to verify my account from my browser I click Sign In then get directed to https://account.live.com/acsr the options it gives me are a text number which isn't mine or "I don't have any of these" which takes me back to the recovery form with the unknown to me email address already populated. I delete it then fill in all the details, get the code on my alternative email address but never get any reply from Microsoft.

Many thanks again for your continued assistance which is very much appreciated

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi amit

I trying to receive a verificaton code by SMS

But it could not received

Please contact

Thank you

Abdulrahman Nasr

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 16, 2024 Views 364 Applies to: