Where are New Icons for Office 2019 Professional Plus?

I have installed Office 2019 Professional Plus purchased by my university on my personal computer. It's very great however I have never got the new icons. I think these new icons are very amazing and great. My friend's Office 2019 Home & Students has already got the new icons and they looks very nice. I have check the update but it told me that I have already got the newest version of Office 2019. I'm a Windows 10 1903 user and my Office version is 1808 (16.0.10344.20008) . I hope to know how to get new icons for my Office 2019 Professional Plus. Thank you!  

Hello,

To access Office applications easier, you can create a desktop shortcut of these applications. To know more about this, you may check out this article

If you would like me to provide additional advice, simply respond to this thread. I will get notified and I’ll reply to you as soon as I can.

Regards

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Thank you for your reply. But I think you may misunderstand my question. I'm talking about the new icon design (Fluent Design) released this year by Microsoft for Office 2019 and Office 365. These new icons are different from those for Office 2013 & 2016. I want to get these icons for my Office 2019 Pro Plus, however I cannot get them. I have seen that Office 2019 Home & Students has got these new icons. So I want to know when and how can I get these new icons. 

As you can see, the OneNote for Windows 10 has got a new icon, but Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook 2019 haven't got new icons yet. 

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you for getting back to us. To get a better understanding on this issue, if possible, can you send us a screenshot of the icons that you currently have on your computer? 

Thanks. 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

MS is doing a "controlled" roll out of this update. There is nothing you can do to force it (or prevent it). You will get it eventually, when MS feels like giving it to you.  They even did the rollout in stages. First 4 icons, then a couple more and still a few more waiting ...

You can try doing a manual update of Office, but I don't expect it to help: 

File menu > Account command > Update Options button > Update Now command.

Just to make you feel worse, MS decided to give it to my Office 2016 Pro Plus, even though I didn't expect it, and REALLY don't want it. <g>.

Sorry there is no fix, you just have to wait for it to come to you.

As computer scientists we are trained to communicate with the dumbest things in the world – computers –
so you’d think we’d be able to communicate quite well with people.
Prof. Doug Fisher

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I had the same issue on a Mac. I updated the all the MSoffice software to the latest version and had all the new features, but the old icons. However, I was able to get the new icons after I activated the account from the desktop application in outlook even though I was already signed in and using MSoffice.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I just checked and found out that Volume-licensed Office 2019 (since you say it was installed by your University) is still on old build of 1808, that's the reason you haven't got the new icons. Check this: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/officeupdates/update-history-office-2019

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated March 28, 2024 Views 535 Applies to: