when signing in to 365, I receive 'error 29' then after putting in my sign in date, I get 'it looks like you're not connected to the internet" but I am! help?

when signing in to 365, I receive 'error 29' then after putting in my sign in date, I get 'it looks like you're not connected to the internet" but I am! help?

Hello there, I understand the frustration you're facing with the sign-in issue in Microsoft 365. Error 29 typically indicates a problem with the authentication process, and the "not connected to the internet" message can be misleading, as you've confirmed that you are indeed connected. To resolve this issue, you can try the following steps: 1. Clear Browser Cache: Clear the cache and cookies in your web browser to ensure there are no conflicting or outdated data causing authentication errors. 2. Use Incognito/Private Mode: Try signing in using the incognito or private browsing mode in your web browser. This can help identify if any browser extensions or add-ons are interfering with the sign-in process. 3. Check Date and Time Settings: Make sure your computer's date and time settings are correct. Incorrect date and time settings can cause issues with SSL certificates and authentication. 4. Disable VPN or Proxy: If you are using a VPN or proxy service, try disabling it temporarily and then attempt to sign in again. 5. Try a Different Browser: Attempt to sign in using a different web browser to see if the issue is specific to your current browser. 6. Check Service Status: Before proceeding, check the Microsoft 365 service status to ensure there are no known outages or disruptions in your region. I provided you a similar topic that could possibly help you, quick fixes and troubleshooting found here: (Sign in issues when activating Microsoft 365 Apps) https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/office/troubleshoot/activation/sign-in-issues To contact Microsoft Support, you can visit their official support page: (https://support.microsoft.com/) Let me know if these help, and I hope this helps you resolve the sign-in problem and regain access to your Microsoft 365 account. If you have any more questions or need further assistance, please feel free to ask. I'm here to help! Best regards, Ivan

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Ivan, You are a life saver!! Simply answers that Microsoft might have thought to distribute; you're also a marital relationships saviour:)

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you so much for your kind words! I'm glad I could be of assistance and provide simple and helpful answers. It's truly rewarding to know that my expertise has been valuable to you. If you have any more questions or need further assistance in the future, don't hesitate to reach out. Wishing you all the best in both your Microsoft endeavors and your marital relationships! Take care! 😊 Best regards, Ivan

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I get this error when opening Word and Excel so not related to the browser.

Once I cancel and enter the program, it shows my account with no problems.

Not using VPN.

Just annoying every time I start Word/Excel.

10 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated June 14, 2024 Views 18,186 Applies to: