1) I had to replace my laptop hard drive so this is a fresh install of Windows 7 64bit Home Premium
2) The media is a legal purchased copy from Microsoft
3) There is nothing wrong with the DVD ( I copied the files to the desktop to try and install from there)
4) I used this DVD to install on this laptop prior to the hard drive problem.
Here is what I have tried:
1) I have tried to install from the DVD and when I received the message I navigated to the DVD. NO GO
2) I have copied all the files from the DVD to the desktop and tried to install from the copied files. NO GO same message and same result as the #1
3) I have defragged my hard drive
4) I have done a full check of my hard drive
5) I have put on a reg cleaner to remove any registry entries that was invalid
6) Still no luck installing
Isolated facts that might help:
1) I have tried to install other software (SIMS3, Genalogy software) and have had issues with them installing also. I did get the genalogy software loaded by coping it to the desktop. The SIM3 software won't install of course it is a different error message CRC error.