when i try to install microsoft office i got error "setup cannot find Enterprise.WW\EnterWW.cab .browse to a valid installation source,and then click OK."

Information:

1)  I had to replace my laptop hard drive so this is a fresh install of Windows 7 64bit Home Premium

2)  The media is a legal purchased copy from Microsoft

3)  There is nothing wrong with the DVD ( I copied the files to the desktop to try and install from there)

4)  I used this DVD to install on this laptop prior to the hard drive problem.

Here is what I have tried:

1)  I have tried to install from the DVD and when I received the message I navigated to the DVD.  NO GO

2)  I have copied all the files from the DVD to the desktop and tried to install from the copied files.  NO GO same message and same result as the #1

3)  I have defragged my hard drive

4)  I have done a full check of my hard drive

5)  I have put on a reg cleaner to remove any registry entries that was invalid

6)  Still no luck installing

Isolated facts that might help:

1)  I have tried to install other software (SIMS3, Genalogy software) and have had issues with them installing also.  I did get the genalogy software loaded by coping it to the desktop.  The SIM3 software won't install of course it is a different error message CRC error.

Answer
Answer
Check if the Windows installed service is started. 
Go to Start > Type ‘Services. MSC’ (Without quotes) > Press Enter > Search for Windows Installer > Select it and Click on the Start at top right hand corner. 
In addition try copying the contents of disc to a flashdrive on a different computer then try installing from the falsh drive on this computer and check if this helps.

95 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated January 25, 2021 Views 18,765 Applies to: