what will happen if my academic office 365 subscription expires? will it go back to my office 2013 standalone version?

Hi,

I was awarded a laptop from Higher Education Commision Pakistan with Microsoft windows 8.1 installed (but unactivated, along with unique win8.1 cd-key sticker at the back) and with MS office 2013 installed (but unactivated, along and unique office 2013 cd-key on a hard copy which had MS sticker and seal) plus i was awarded office 365 academic subscrption for the period of my academic course and was provided an ID that is *** Email address is removed for privacy *** through which i got subscrption and now using office 365. I activated my windows and office 2013 (i dont remember i associated my windows and office cd-key with any email adress but after activation, my this hotmail account was signed in to windows and in office 2013 program too) in may 2015 when i recieved laptop. Later I upgraded to office 2016 through MS office 365 subscription, not before sept of this year (i dont remember using my talmeez.pk id before i am quite sure of not using subscription before sept of this year). Now I'm up to reset my pc, and i need answers of few question
1) will both of my cd-keys (win 8.1 and office 2013) will work after i reset my pc? because both of them are now used in my pc, will they work again on my pc?
2) what will happen when my office 365 subscription expire? will i be ceased to use that office product completely? 
3) if office 365 subcription expires, then will i be able to get back my previously installed office 2013 (which was installed before and office 365 got its upgrade on that)?
4) one of MS operator told me that office 365's subscription period for student program is 4 years, and that period will start from the time when your university provided you that account, but the scheme, according to which i got all these awards was announced 3 years ago and when i see my subscrpion expiry date, its on next month. surely my course will also be finished by the end of next month, but then it does not explains the operator's statement of 4 years.

after office 365 expiry next month, i'm planing to use my previous office 2013 standalone version. plus if there's any additional info and advice you could offer, i'm looking forward to it.
ThankYou!

#1 Yes, your old product keys will work.

#2 When your 365 subscription expires it goes into limited function mode, "read only". 

#3 So what you need to do then is uninstall 365 and then either re-install and activate your Office 2013 or if it is already installed you just have to do an Office Repair of 2013.

#4 Office 365 University is a 4 yr subscription.  I don't know about Office 365 Academic.

As computer scientists we are trained to communicate with the dumbest things in the world – computers –
so you’d think we’d be able to communicate quite well with people.
Prof. Doug Fisher

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated June 6, 2023 Views 810 Applies to: