what is the difference between the two versions of Monthly Enterprise channel (2004 vs 2003)

I understand the difference between the Monthly and semi-annual channel update/feature releases but i am confused about why "Monthly Enterprise" and "Semi-Annual Enterprise" channel both have two version builds with the same channel name. New updates are released on the same day for both versions and they have two separate version and build numbers.  It is not clear to me in any of Microsoft documents what the difference is between Monthly Enterprise version 2004 vs Monthly Enterprise version 2003 and same for Semi-Annual version 1908 and Semi-Annual version 1902, can someone explain the difference between them?
Answer
Answer

Hi,

From the description provided, we understand you want to get the detailed information about two versions with same Office channel name displayed in the Update history for Microsoft 365 Apps (listed by date) and I do understand it’s bit confusion to understand, I apologies for it.

After reading the related articles, I found the reason for displaying two versions with same channel names in the official article: Overview of update channels for Microsoft 365 Apps.

Reason is there will be support duration for the each channel, where the support duration for Monthly Enterprise Channel and Semi-Annual Enterprise Channel is two versions.

So, for other Office update channels, support duration goes as below:

Hope the above information will clear your confusion. Appreciate your understanding and stay safe 😊

Best Regards,
Chitrahaas

-----------------------
* Beware of scammers posting fake support numbers here.
* Once complete conversation about this topic, kindly Mark and Vote any replies to benefit others reading this thread.

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated August 31, 2022 Views 1,010 Applies to: