What is keyboard shortcut for Spelling > Ignore All?

In Word, I can find keyboard shortcuts by pressing the Alt key.  It then displays shortcut keys to the various parts of the Ribbon.  For example, if I have a table selected, I can press, in turn, 'Alt' 'H' 'B' 'N' to remove the borders from the table.  But, if I have a word selected containing a red squiggly line, indicating it's not in the dictionary, and I right-click on that word, I get the following popup.

I can the, of course, select Ignore All to turn off spell-checking on that word.  What I would like to do is select a word, and then use an appropriate set of key presses to do the same thing.  But since "Ignore All" does not seem to appear in any of the Ribbon items (Home, Insert, etc.) I don't know what keys to press.  Is there a way to do this?

Answer
Answer

OK, I found the solution. You left out a step. The procedure is:

1. Select the word

2. Press F7

3. Press 'c' (step that was left out)

4. Press 'g'

That sequence executes the 'Ignore All' option on the word.

17 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer

Hi MesPia, 

Thanks for reaching out!

We understand that you wanted to know the shortcut to ignore all for spelling in your Word document. Let me guide you to address this matter.

We have multiple shortcut keys that can be used in a Word document. You can use the F7 button to invoke the Spell Check options, which are located on the Review tab on the Ribbon. 

Afterwards, you can use the "I" button for "Ignore once" and the "G" button for "Ignore all". Here is a sample screenshot: 

Could you please verify if the information above is the one that you are trying to perform on your Word document? If not, could you provide us a recording or screenshot of the issue? That way, we can have a better picture of the exact concern and give you the most appropriate recommendation to solve this matter. 

Here is a link: How to take and annotate screenshots on Windows 10Note: Please remove any of your confidential information that might be included in the screenshot. 

To make a recording, you may either the methods below if possible:

You can use this article: Record your screen in PowerPoint for the proper procedures to make a screen recording using PowerPoint. Or else, you can use the Steps Recorder that is preinstalled on your computer. 

Once it's done, please save the file in your OneDrive and share the link with us. Here's the article: Share files and folders to do so and send this information upon replying to the private message that we've sent to you. To get into your inbox, click your profile name on this thread and select View private messages

We'll be looking forward to your response and we are always here if further assistance is needed. 

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 28, 2024 Views 15,448 Applies to: