What does this error mean? Error Code: 0x8004de44.

I am trying to use OneDrive across my devices with a specific work folder. However, each time the computer restarts, or I use another device, the file saved on OneDrive is an outdated version.
The AutoSave function saves the file to the wrong location when the pc is restarted, so I have to delete and rename files every day. Which is a schlep.

Bottom right corner, I can't sign in to OneDrive, it gives me the error: 0x8004de44

|

Dear Andrew Van der Merwe,

Good day!!

Apologies for the inconvenience caused and please don’t worry, let’s work together on your concern and move towards a resolution path.

I understand your concern and the error code you are encountering is caused due to the below reason:

Reference: What do the OneDrive error codes mean? - Microsoft Support

If still the same problem happens, then I would like to suggest you try to reset the OneDrive sync client and check the outcome: Reset OneDrive - Microsoft Support

If still the same problem persists, I would like to confirm whether your device is enabled with proxy or antivirus or firewall or VPN. If yes, please turn off them temporarily and check whether the same problem happens.

If yes, we are sorry and please try the following steps and check the outcome:

Step 1: Click on the OneDrive icon in the task bar> Help & Settings> Settings> Account> Make sure to unlink any Office 365 account connected to OneDrive sync including personal OneDrive. (If no account is connected, please proceed to next steps).

Step 2: Quit OneDrive sync client> Uninstall the OneDrive sync client (Turn off, disable, or uninstall OneDrive - Microsoft Support)

Step 3: Open the File Explorer> C drive> Users> Folder with the user profile having the problem> AppData> Local> OneDrive> Move the Cache folder to Desktop> Go back to Local folder path> Go to Microsoft folder> OneDrive> Move the setup folder to the desktop location or rename it.

Step 4: Go to the Control Panel> User Accounts> Credential Manager> Windows Credentials> Remove/Delete identities related to OneDrive.

Step 5: Restart the PC> Install the OneDrive sync client (OneDrive release notes - Microsoft Support – download and install the latest Production version)> Setup the user account on the OneDrive sync client and check the outcome.

If nothing works, we apologize and I believe the problem should be further investigated by the related development team, where they can collect the related fiddler logs while reproducing the problem and perform the further investigation.

So, I request you to connect with your IT admin of your organization (How do I find my Microsoft 365 admin? - Microsoft Support) and raise a new service request from the Microsoft 365 admin center so that the related development team will connect with you and investigate the issue further.

Reference: Get support - Microsoft 365 admin | Microsoft Learn

Note: We apologize for redirecting you to related development support team because the moderators in this community are limited with the resource for further investigation and to get a quick resolution to your problem, we requested it.

Appreciate your patience and understanding. Have a great day!!

Best Regards,

Sophia

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 2, 2024 Views 25 Applies to: