Way to make group rosters from an excel drop down calendar

Hello all. 

At work we have a drop down (data validation) calendar that we made in excel. On each sheet there is a person and their personal schedule. There are 60 total. There are roughly 25 potential groups throughout the day they could be put in. 

I am looking for a way in excel or access that i can take that excel doc and tabulate what patient is in what groups to create a group roster for each class/group. 

Is this possible? I would be willing to change the way may data is set up in excel or change it all over to access if necessary. 

Thanks in advance. 

Answer
Answer

Hi Molly,

Thanks for your posting here.

According to your description, may I confirm that if you want to create a summary sheet to filter your sub-table?

If my understanding is correct, you can follow the below steps to check the result:

First, you can go to Formulas>Define Name to set up a new name and type =INDEX(GET.WORKBOOK(1),ROW(A1))&T(NOW()) into the Refer to box:

Then type the below formula into A1:

=IFERROR(HYPERLINK(Test&"!A1",MID(Test,FIND("]",Test)+1,99)),"")

Finally double-click B1 bottom right corner to slide down to see all sub-table:

And you can click the sheet name in the list and will automatically jump to the sheet.

You can copy them to the specific group:

If my reply is not matched the answer you want, please post back more detail and we will keep working for you.

Best Regards

Higgins

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated October 5, 2021 Views 105 Applies to: