Verify Identity Sharepoint link error

I have some users who when trying to open a link to Sharepoint sent in an email is getting user access denied and to verify their email but it can open when they go directly to Sharepoint.  This is only occurring for some users. 

Hi crd1982,

Thanks for posting in the community.

According to your description, I assume these users do have the related permission to access the files/folders. Please make sure they haven’t logged in other accounts, like personal accounts in the browser. Please ask these users to open the private window, paste the link location from the email. Check whether the issue happens again.

If the issue still exists, I would like to collect more information. It will help us to troubleshoot the issue.

1. For these users, does the issue exist in all SharePoint files/folders? Please create a new file/folder and send shared link to them

2. Does the issue exist in specific users or random users who have the related permission?

3. For these users, does the issue exist in one site or also in other sites?

Regards,

George

• Beware of Scammers posting fake Support Numbers here.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi crd1982,

Thanks for posting in the community.

According to your description, I assume these users do have the related permission to access the files/folders. Please make sure they haven’t logged in other accounts, like personal accounts in the browser. Please ask these users to open the private window, paste the link location from the email. Check whether the issue happens again.

If the issue still exists, I would like to collect more information. It will help us to troubleshoot the issue.

1. For these users, does the issue exist in all SharePoint files/folders? Please create a new file/folder and send shared link to them

2. Does the issue exist in specific users or random users who have the related permission?

3. For these users, does the issue exist in one site or also in other sites?

Regards,

George

The users this is happing to is in the same group permission settings as the other person who are not having the issue.

I added them through the Specify Person option when copying the link to test and they were able to access that link.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi crd1982,

Thanks for posting back.

According to the error message in the screenshot, please make sure the user has typed the same email address as you typed. To troubleshoot the authentication issue in SharePoint, please ask the user to do the following steps:

Please share a file, select “Specifiy Person”, type the email address and send it

1. Ask the user to clear the browser cache and cookies

2. Open the private window of the browser. Access the mailbox in the browser, open the shared email and check whethter the issue happens again.

If the issue still exists, I would like to collect more information.

1. Does the issue exist in sharing a specific library/site file or in all libraries files?

If you have any updates, please feel free and come back to share with us.

Regards,

George

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi crd1982,

If you have any updates, please feel free and come back to share with us.

Regards,

George

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

They users with the issues were offsite so I haven't been able to do a test again to see if the issues is still occurring.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated April 25, 2024 Views 643 Applies to: