Use OneDrive for business in online mode only

Hi,

First,

We are using office365 Business Premium license. Now we are descending to use SharePoint as our Document Library and all users are use this document library through OneDrive for Business. but when I configure One drive for business in Laptop all files and folders are downloading in every computer for offline mode use. our requirement is to not download any files and folders, we want only use in online mode. is it possible.

if is possible how to configure in Windows7, Windows8/8.1 and Windows10.

Second,

Can I configure SharePoint Document Library as map drive in Win7,Win8/8.1 and Win10.

Please mind it we are using Onedrive for Business not Onedrive and using SharePoint to store folders and files.

Thanks

Rocky

|
Answer
Answer

Hi Rocky,

To block offline work for a SharePoint document library, you can follow the steps below to do SharePoint Online library settings:

1. Go to the library > library settings > Advanced settings
  2. In Offline Client Availability, set “no” for “Allow items from this document library to be downloaded to offline clients”.
  3. If you set this setting, users can not sync via OneDrive nor download file. However, based on my test, they can access the library via mapping network.

I am confused that do you also require blocking OneDrive for Business sync or file downloading for all users?

Thanks,

Rena

-----------------------
* Beware of scammers posting fake support numbers here.
* Kindly Mark and Vote this reply if it helps, as it will be beneficial to more community members reading here.

Was this reply helpful?

Yes
No

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated September 30, 2020 Views 2,557 Applies to: