Upgrading from Office Pro 2013, to Office Pro 2021

Do I uninstall 2013 first?

Most importantly, If I do, will all of my Outlook profiles still be there when upgraded? Thanks in advance.

Note: I have 5 different email accounts that I download from to different folders in my Outlook, and I don't want to lose any of the emails.

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hello Dave C Hi, I'm Karl and will be happy to help you today. Are you upgrading to '2021 on the same machine that '2013 is/was installed? If yes, it's just a matter of uninstalling '2013 and installing '2021. Outlook profiles do not get removed when uninstalling Office I have a couple of articles on the subject that may be of interest Basics: Upgrading Windows Office (Outlook) https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook_com/forum/all/basics-upgrading-windows-office-outlook/b7b74f63-8255-4f5d-8682-e3aadf1877f8 Basics: Moving Outlook to a new machine https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook_com/forum/all/basics-moving-outlook-to-a-new-machine/39c73b80-03af-4fd2-b673-0ebefe418e2a If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask, we're here to help you further if needed.

Karl Timmermans [Outlook MVP 2012-2018]

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Thank you, I'll take a look at them!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Sorry, one more question. Is there an "upgrade" version, or is it just the full version?

Thanks again,

Dave

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

If you are asking "is there a special upgrade price to go from an earlier version to 2021?" - the answer is: No - sorry

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Well, I did as your links said. Uninstalled Office 2013, rebooted, installed Office 2021 and only my default email account was there.

I'll be working hours to rebuild all my rules, 5 other accounts.. etc.

Exactly what I was afraid of.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

It didn't even bring over my contacts or calendar! ARGHHH!

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

There is something missing from this description. '2021 would have used the same Outlook profile as '2013 which contains all the info for all email accounts and data files. It wouldn't find just one email account. Have to ask this but are you launching the Outlook desktop program or perhaps the "new Outlook"? IN the interests of time, I have an article that shows the various things that people refer to as "Outlook" - can you confirm which one of these apples in this instance? Basics: Identifying YOUR Outlook https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook_com/forum/all/basics-identifying-your-outlook/10cad812-2a15-4277-8aa3-f53d4388c752

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Yeah, I would have thought it would use the same profile too, but it didn't.

I'm using the Outlook app on the PC, which opens Outlook 2021 (I checked).

When I click on File, then on Office Account, it shows Office Professional Plus 2021

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have never encountered a situation where only one email account remained in the same profile - while I don't doubt what you are saying, it makes absolutely no sense. An Outlook profile is "all or nothing" - there is no in between so there is something missing from this description. Just to cover all bases, how many Outlook profiles are configured? You can check this using the Control Panel Mail app ------------------- a) - With Outlook closed open the Control Panel <Mail> app Just in case you need info regarding how to access the Control Panel Mail app, that's described in the following article by Outlook MVP Diane Poremsky Where is the Control Panel Mail icon? https://www.slipstick.com/how-to-outlook/where-is-the-mail-icon/ If using Windows 11 How to Open Control Panel in Windows 11 https://www.lifewire.com/open-control-panel-in-windows-11-5193187 b) - Select <Show Profile> *** if more then one, is the correct one set as the default profile? Required Forum Disclaimer: The above links are non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it. --------------------- I look forward to your response so we can proceed further.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Just one profile. I know, it's odd... but I'm 95% done reconfiguring... but the rules I had are going to kill me! *LOL*

Is there a way to export and import rules?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated October 6, 2024 Views 386 Applies to: