Unable to view site settings on Ondrive

Hi,

I can see the Site Settings option in Onedrive, however if I click on it, I just go straight back to the Files page.  I have tried using 3 browsers, and also tried replacing ondrive.aspx with settings.aspx in the URL, however I cannot access the site settings.  I am trying to change the date format to the standard British format.

Thanks

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hi Glyn,

Thanks for your query in this community.

Please check if you can access the settings page in the classic view.

1.Click Return to classic OneDrive on the lower left corner of your OneDrive page.

2.Click on the gear and go to Site settings, see if you can access settings page in this way.

If it doesn’t work on your side, to help us investigate on this issue, please ask your IT administrator for help to proceed the following steps:

Go to Office 365 admin center > Active users > select the affected user name(Your email) > OneDrive settings > Access > Access files > click the URL link to go to this affected user OneDrive site > Check Site settings.

Regards,

Alex Chen

* Beware of scammers posting fake support numbers here.
* Once complete conversation about this topic, kindly Mark and Vote any replies to benefit others reading this thread.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Alex,

I am the site administrator.  I have tried the suggested method and still cannot see the site settings option.

I can only see the site settings in the default onedrive view, but I cannot access the sub-menu.

Thanks

Glyn

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Glyn,

Thanks for your update.

To help us understand your situation better, we need to confirm the following information with you:

1."I am the site administrator."

What specific admin role do you have? Is it SharePoint administrator? If so, when you follow the second method, did the site settings page still bring you back to the file page?

2."I can only see the site settings in the default onedrive view, but I cannot access the sub-menu."

Does this mean, you have can access  the OneDrive Site settings page in classic view, but you can’t click on the feature settings like the following image? Do you receive any error message?

We would be appreciate if you can provide us with a screenshot of your current page.

Regards,

Alex Chen

* Once complete conversation about this topic, kindly Mark and Vote any replies to benefit others reading this thread.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

My role is as per the below, within my office 365 settings:

I can see the below menu in onedrive (not in classic view).  When I select Site Settings the sub-menu does not appear.  No error message appears, I just get reverted back to the Onedrive page.

If you need any more info, please let me know.

Kind regards

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Glyn,

Thank you for clarifying your situation.

Please confirm with your colleagues in the same tenant if they can access their OneDrive site settings page without issue. 

Also, are there any other admins in your tenant? If so, please ask them to follow the second step and see if they can access your OneDrive settings page.

Meantime, we will need fiddler logs to find out the root cause of your issue.

You could follow steps below to help collect fiddler log (Windows environment).

a. Download Fiddler from here and install it to your PC.   

b. Run Fiddler and go to Tools -> Fiddler Options.

c. On the HTTPS page, verify that Capture HTTPS Connects is enabled.

d. Verify that Decrypt HTTPS traffic is enabled with the ...from all processes option.

e. Enable Ignore server certificate error (unsafe).

g. Enable Check for certificate revocation.

h. Close all applications and browsers (Just leave the OneDrive for Business page open.) before clicking Remove all as shown in these figures. 

i. File >Enable Capture Traffic >Minimize Fiddler to tray.

j. Click on the gear > Site settings, wait until it bring your back to the file page.

k. In Fiddler, go to File >Save >All Sessions and save and encrypt .saz format file to disk.

l. Send the log file and the password to us via private message.

Thank you so much for your cooperation.

Regards,

Alex Chen

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Alex,

I have sent over a private message with the requested info.

Thanks

Glyn

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Glyn,

I have read the thread and would like to help. I notice you've tried changing URLs. I would like to confirm if you had typed correct URLs like below:
Site settings:
https://contoso-my.sharepoint.com/personal/admin1_contoso_onmicrosoft_com/_layouts/15/settings.aspx
Language settings:
https://contoso-my.sharepoint.com/personal/admin1_contoso_onmicrosoft_com/_layouts/15/muisetng.aspx

You can also tell us what will happen after you access the URLs. Are there any error messages?
*Please copy and paste your URLs like above, with any error messages/IDs/reports you got and share them with us in the new PM I sent you. We'll involve more resources for help.

In addition, Alex asked if other users in your tenant encounter same issue. Please let us know this information so that we can identify if it's tenant wide issue or user specific.

Thanks,
Jim
--------------------------------
* Kindly Mark and Vote this reply if it helps, as it will be beneficial to more community members reading here.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Jim,

I have responded to your PM.  I have given another user in my tenant administrator rights, and she got the same result when trying to access site settings.

Thanks

Glyn

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Glyn,

Sorry for the late response. I can see the message, the steps are clear. I will involve more resources for help, and post back any updates.

In the meantime, you also mentioned same issue happens to other users after you assign admin roles. In fact users can check their OneDrive for Business site settings without admin role.
In case there's any misunderstanding regarding this, could you help us clarify the following?

1a. About "she got the same result", please let us know which site you refer to, I assume you mean she encountered same issue when browsing to her own OneDrive for Business site, not your OneDrive for Business site, right?
1b. Does the issue happen to any newly created users?

2.   Have you tried going to site settings on any other site collections, like default team site https://contoso.sharepoint.com/ ?

Thanks,
Jim
--------------------------------
* Kindly Mark and Vote this reply if it helps, as it will be beneficial to more community members reading here.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Jim,

In response to the points above:

1a - Yes, my colleague logged into her Onedrive, and when she clicked on site settings, she was redirected back to the Onedrive page (no error messages)

1b - I have tried setting up a new user without an Admin role, but again I am unable to access the site settings menu.

2 - I have tried accessing the sharepoint settings as suggested, and I was able to amend the site / regional settings to English United Kingdom without issue.

Thanks for your help with this.

Glyn

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated April 1, 2024 Views 1,307 Applies to: