Unable to send & save to lotus notes.

Hi,

Currently my office is using lotus notes 8.5.2

Some of the cloned workstations(Win 7 64) are have this problem in which documents / spreadsheets / Database are unable to sent to the default email.

I keep getting the "No default email programe" followed by the MAPI error.

The PCs are not installed with microsoft outlook.

The funny thing is that On other workstations (Win 7 32) are able to use the function even without outlook.

Have checked lotus notes is the default email programe as of the control panel settings, also did enable that lotus is the default email programe in the prefrences setting, have also copied a working regestry setting of the workstation and input into the x64 one, also made sure that the mapi32.dll file is replaced with the working one but none seems to work.

Totally stunned. Please advise me.

Ps: Have tried the outlook with lotus configuration and it dosen't work. Even on earlier version of lotus was install followed the steps of installing office then lotus , could not solve the issue.

Is the Office 2010 installation a 64 bit installation as well of the systems that show this problem?

If yes, then check if you could switch over to the 32 bit installation of Office on these systems.

It would also be best if you provide the exact error message that comes up.

As a work around you may ask the users to compose the mail in Lotus notes and attach the files from there.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Mukherjee,

The Error message is "There is no default e-mail associated with this programe.." After you click 'ok' you will get the MAPI error. All the help you get from reading the error points to the default programes in the start menu.

Been there done that. Even double check that the email programe is lotus notes. No outlook is installed as we dont use outlook.

The file for office is 32 bit. We have a working 64 bit with the 32bit office. As stated above in my question, I have searched online for most answers. I have also made sure that the orignial regesitry had been backed up and also put in the working resigstry by exporting the reg files. Still could not solve.

Installed Office even with the outlook MAPI component then followed by notes also could not solve the error.

Really baffled at this.

Have told my users to attached what so ever files they need but i can't roll out any more New PCs unless thisproblem is solve.

Thanks for your reply!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Well i can only think of issues with a Windows 7 64 bit configuration and Lotus Notes. Since it is working in other Windows 32 bit systems, and not with Windows 64 bit systems, you may check with Lotus Notes and see if they have an update or hotfix for a Windows 7 64 bit edition.
Trying to be helpful.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated October 5, 2021 Views 2,254 Applies to: