Unable to login to Skype for business on mac, works fine on windows

Hi,

I'm able to sign in to Skype for Business on Windows but not on Mac using the same credentials. 

If I try and login using Autodiscover I get the error 'We can't connect to the server right now. Please try again'

If I specify the Internal & External Discovery Address as https://webdir.online.lync.com:443/autodiscover/autodiscoverservice.svc/root I get a new window with my corporate login. After entering my credentials there I get the error 'You're not configured to connect to the server. Please contact your support team'

I have also tried clearing the Skype cache.

I am using Mac OS 10.13.6 and s4b 16.24.191.

Hi Aled_603,

Greetings,, I'm glad to follow up thread for you, since you can sign in your account in Skype for business for Windows, your account should be okay, may I confirm that if you have installed any Anti-virus software? If yes, please temporarily close it and see the result. Moreover, please try to reset Mac computer time zone and clock to see if it helps.

If issue persists, to better help you, could you please provide us the skype for business log for further investigation. You can go to Skype for Business > Preference > under General tab, click Collect Logs, then re-sign in Skype for Business, after the error message appear, please  get the logs file(~/Library/Containers/com.microsoft.SkypeForBusiness/Data/Library/Logs/com.microsoft.SkypeForBusiness). To protect your privacy, I will send you  PM to collect it.

In addition, we need  to know if your organization have a local Skype for Business server, or use Skype for Business online service? Will this issue occur to other users in the same organization?

Regards,

Bryan

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Same behaviour with antivirus disabled and after resetting timezone.

I've replied to your PM with a log. The entry that stands out to me from the log is: HttpHeader:X-Ms-diagnostics 28042;source="REDACTED_HOST.EXAMPLE.ORG";reason="Too many outstanding requests for a single user.

This seems a strange message - I haven't tried to sign in from any of my devices for the last 48 hours.

In context (hostnames redacted):

POST https://redacted_host.example.org/ucwa/v1/applications

Request Id: <Removed for privacy>

HttpHeader:Cache-Control private

HttpHeader:client-request-id 5898d30d-79c4-4bcb-bf08-5450d64ea362, eac43b64-86cd-4fb2-bf50-684432c09742

HttpHeader:Content-Length 27

HttpHeader:Content-Type text/html

HttpHeader:Date Sun, 03 Feb 2019 17:43:54 GMT

HttpHeader:StatusCode 503

HttpHeader:Strict-Transport-Security max-age=31536000; includeSubDomains

HttpHeader:User-Agent SfBForMac/16.24.191.0000 (Mac OSX 10.13.6)

HttpHeader:Via 1.1 REDACTED_HOST.EXAMPLE.ORG RtcExt

HttpHeader:X-MS-Correlation-Id 2147483796, 2147504597

HttpHeader:X-Ms-diagnostics 28042;source="REDACTED_HOST.EXAMPLE.ORG";reason="Too many outstanding requests for a single user."

HttpHeader:X-MS-Server-Fqdn REDACTED_HOST.EXAMPLE.ORG

The service is unavailable.

</ReceivedResponse>

I believe the organisation uses the online service. I haven't been able to find anyone else with a mac to confirm if it works.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Aled_603,

Thanks for your detailed information. Based on your problem, I have done many researches, and I found it is know issue that some users may fail to login to Skype for Business for Mac. Since some Lync profiles may be different from these on Skype for Business for Mac, and may cause a discrepancy, please follow "How to do a clean uninstallation of Lync for Mac 2011" to uninstall the Skype for Business client completely and reinstall it later.

For your reference: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/known-issues-skype-for-business-on-mac-494ac5d5-50be-4aa7-8f5a-669c71c98c9a.

Regards,

Betty

------------

*Beware of scammers posting fake support numbers here.

*Kindly Mark and Vote this reply if it helps please, as it will be beneficial to more Community members reading here.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Aled_603,

If your issue persists, please feel free to let me know, I am always here to help you.

Regards,

Betty

------------

*Kindly Mark and Vote this reply if it helps please, as it will be beneficial to more Community members reading here.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Sorry I've been through those steps and none of the directories or certificates mentioned in the article exist for me to delete them and the problem persists.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Aled_603,

Based on your scenario, I'd like to confirm whether your account is deployed in Skype for Business Server, Skype for Business Online or hybrid.

In addition, please also try to follow the steps below to configure your account manually:

1. Start Skype for Business and clear the login information via clicking "Delete Sign-in Info".

2. Type the user name and password.

3. Click "Advanced" option.

4. Enter the email address and uptick checkbox next to "Auto-Detect Server".

5. Enter "https://webdir.online.lync.com/autodiscover/autodiscoverservice.svc/root " for both Interna;&External Discovery Address.

Regards,

Betty

------------

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Aled_603,

We haven't heard back from you, is there any update you would like to share with us.

Best Regards,

Anna

--------* Beware of Scammers posting fake Support Numbers here.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated September 30, 2021 Views 2,515 Applies to: