unable to log out of onenote account on android even if i uninstall the app, why ?

I cannot log out of my account in onenote for android. Even after i sign out in the onenote android app, clear data and cache, and uninstall the onenote android app. if i reinstall the onenote android app, it again automatically logs me into onenote account (it displays my account name, and in 8 seconds, log into the account automatically without even the need to enter password) ! This is frustrating and risky as if i give my phone to the repair shop for a minor repair or to a family member and I uninstall the onenote android app, if they reinstall onenote app, they will have access to all my notes. It seems unbelievable that even if i uninstall the app, the login credential is seeming to remain on the phone for anyone to log into it. I am using Samsung S23 Ultra with the latest Android 14. Please help as I almost feel like giving up on onenote if it is at such risk of giving out your data. Thanks

|

Hello, PKPN

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

It’s very likely that your Microsoft account is still linked with your Samsung device. This linkage can cause your account to automatically sign in to OneNote and other Microsoft services even after you’ve uninstalled the app. Here’s what you can do to unlink your Microsoft account from your Samsung device:

1. Unlink from Samsung Account Settings:

• On your Samsung S23 Ultra, go to Settings > Accounts and backup (or Accounts and backup, depending on your device)Manage accounts.

• Select Samsung Account, then Linked accounts.

• Find your Microsoft account and unlink it from there.

2. Check Microsoft Account Online:

Also, don't forget to unlink your Microsoft accunt on Samsung website:

How to unlink your Samsung account from other services - Samsung Support

Disclaimer: Microsoft provides no assurances and/or warranties, implied or otherwise, and is not responsible for the information you receive from the third-party linked sites or any support related to technology.

Yuhao Li

Microsoft Community Technical Support

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 2, 2024 Views 30 Applies to: