Unable to log in to MS HUP nor able to reset password

I have subscribed to every MS Office version prior to 2019 on MS HUP since 2011.

Never had any problem logging in and purchasing the software online before.

I wanted to see what the latest offers were but I am unable to log in to MS HUP via the link on the email.

Password reset will display a blank page on IE while Chrome will complain it cannot find that page!

If I go directly to https://passwordreset.microsoftonline.com/ and enter my work email, it then tell me that the ID does not exists! However, I do have an email from MS HUP saying that I am eligible!

Can you tell me how I can this resolved? I am not sure if the MS HUP ID has been deactivated as I may have locked it with multiple attempts. But as I said, I can't request a password reset because as I mentioned above, the pages doesn't appear to work for my ID!

Thank you.

Hello,

I am an independent adviser, and I am trying to help other users in Community with my experience in Microsoft products.

To get back into your account as quickly as possible, try the basic troubleshooting steps mentioned in this link: https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/12429/...

Hope this helps.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

As it happens, after I reached out for help, I decided to try something else and I think I am  now able to log on to MS HUP.

It seems to require a personal email address (which we are not allowed at work). I forwarded the email to my home email address and when I click on the link, it then took me to the MS HUP page (but it somehow linked to my hotmail email address).

Very confusing and I am not even sure if I am getting the "special" Home Use Programme price which was negotiated by my employer.

Also, previously, I could log in to MS HUP and download the software I purchased again. I no longer see any option to do so and I cannot see the software that I had purchased. I wonder if MS has now discontinued that feature without informing the users. I would have thought that they would send out an email to purchasers that the T&C are changing.

I am not sure the savings are worth it any more, I used to pay less than £20 for MS Office. The prices are way off that now.

Thank you again.

Regards

B Yee

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you for replying back and I' glad to know that your issue has been resolved. I've also made a note of the steps from which you were able to login to MS HUP, this may help me in future.

Thanks

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated October 5, 2021 Views 203 Applies to: