Unable to insert page numbers in Word 365

For some reason, when I open a new or existing document in Word, there are ZERO options available.  See screenshot.

This works regardless of whether I click Top of Page, Bottom of Page, Page Margins, or Current Position.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling Office 365.

I'm open to suggestions!  Thank you.

Hi,

This is problem that has popped up since Word 2007. Here is a page describing both the cause and solution:

Page numbering /header / footer problems Word 2007 - 2016

(http://www.addbalance.com/word/pagenumber10.htm)

Basically, it is a corrupt built-in building blocks file and is easily fixed.

----------------------------------
This link is to a page on my website. It is safe. I am providing it because I think it contains information that will help you. However, as an Independent Advisor I am required to add the following when posting here with a link to any non-Microsoft site:
Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

I hope this information helps. Please let me know if you have any more questions or require further help.

Regards

Volunteering to "pay forward" the help I've received in the Microsoft user community.

Charles Kenyon
Sun Prairie, Wisconsin
wordfaq[at]addbalance[dot]com

Legal site: https://addbalance.com

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated February 23, 2024 Views 1,365 Applies to: