Unable to hide a user in Office 365

I have a synced environment and i am unable to hide a user from GAL and unable to do so.

Steps performed till now :

1. I went to ADSI Edit and changed the attribute's msexchhidefromaddresslists property in it.

2. Ran the sync, still didnt change

3. In order to check if the sync is working , added a alias and ran the sync, it worked

4. Thought, it might be some OU ( guessing ), created a new OU , transferred the user there ( made sure that the OU is syncing ) still the value is false.

Answer
Answer

Hi UMaitin,

Please double check if you have set up mailNickname attribute for the user in your local AD. This is mandatory to sync your Exchange attributes to AAD. If not, set it up in your local AD and re-run the sync, then double check if the issue persists on your side.

If issue still persists, I'd like to gather following information to better help you.

1.Please run following cmdlet on Exchange online to check the attribute in Exchange online organization.

*** Email address is removed for privacy ***

2.Please open Sync Service manager on your local AD and check if msExchHideFromAddressLists attribute can appear both in Connector space and Metaverse.

In Connectors tab> choose Search Connector Space> choose RDN under Scope list> then type CN= username to search the problematic user> select the user and choose properties to check.

In Metaverse search tab> choose appropriate scope and click search> double click the user to check the Attributes part.

To protect your privacy, you may provide the results to me in PM(private message).

Reference: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/active-directory/connect/active-directory-aadconnectsync-troubleshoot-object-not-syncing

Regards,

Leo

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated July 14, 2022 Views 980 Applies to: