Unable to erase in OneNote Feed

Hello,

I use Onenote app most of the time (OneNote 2016, MSO).

But when I create a page in Onenote Web, it then appears in my OneNote Feed and it's impossible to delete it.

In the example you will see, page 3 still exists, but the other 2 pages have even been deleted from OneNote. (Attempt for me to erase the notes in the Feed). It's been months, several times a day I try to erase them, but it comes back.

I tried with the application, I tried on the Web with Chrome, with Edge, with Firefox, on my iphone, on a PC , on a MAC, on Onenote 2013 too. Close, déconnect all the account, reconnect, shutdown, etc.

They always come back.

It only happens if I create them by web or not my phone. I can't update because it's the company account.

I can't delete the app either to reinstall it. Anyway, it's the only one that doesn't cause this problem.

Hi Camille,

Thanks for posting in the community.

According to your description, may I reconfirm if you view the deleted page in OneNote for Web? If so, please point back and let me know. If not, please try the following steps and check if they help.

1. Please make sure all notebooks have been synced well. Sign out your account from OneNote

2. Please try to repair OneNote via Windows settings> Apps & features, since you use OneNote, please find Microsoft 365 apps> Modify> Online Repair

3. After that, please check again.

Regards,

George

• Beware of Scammers posting fake Support Numbers here.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hello,

About your question : may I reconfirm if you view the deleted page in OneNote for Web. The answer is no. I can't see pages that have been deleted but still have a rating in the feed. However, I can see the ones that still exist. In both cases, they do not disappear from the feed.

- here is what I find in the settings of Window and applications. There are no possibilities to repair. Let's not forget that my system is controlled by my organization and that I do not have access to all the functions.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Camille,

I'm experiencing the same issue. My feed list shows pages deleted long ago and from old, deleted notebooks. If I delete a feed, it appears again when I reload feed list. I have searched extensively in every online OneNote, Outlook, OneDrive configuration settings there is and even with my Microsoft account settings and have found no option to clear feeds.

I performed the following tests to see how feeds are created:

- Created a new Test Page in my notebook using OneNote online app via browser. Test Page not listed in feed list.

- Using OneNote desktop, I added some text to Test Page. Test Page is now listed in feeds.

- Using OneNote desktop, I deleted the Test Page. Test Page no longer listed in feed list.

- Next I created a new Test Page in OneNote Desktop.

- I then deleted the new Test Page using OneNote online app via browser.

- The Test Page still appears in feed list.

- when I remove feed from feed list, it still appears when I reload feed list

My conclusion is that feeds are created when a page is created with OneNote desktop only and can only be removed from feed list when the page is deleted from OneNote desktop only. If a page or entire Notebook is deleted online, they still appear in the feed list and cannot be moved. This flaw needs to be corrected by Microsoft. For me, the feed list is useless as mine contains over 100 feeds from pages and notebooks that no longer exist.

William P. Bartholomew

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Estou com o mesmo problema há tempos. Fiz de tudo para excluir os feeds do OneNote, mas não tive sucesso. Entrei em conato com o suporte da Microsoft e fiquei online com o consultor por mais de uma hora. O problema não foi resolvido e também não souberam dar uma explicação a respeito. A impressão que se tem é a de que a Microsoft até hoje não conseguiu resolver totalmente as falhas de sincronização do aplicativo e, ao que parece, o o desenvolvimento do software foi abandonado pela empresa.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Marcos,

Thank you for your feedback. Your response tells me I am not the only person experiencing this problem. For now, at least for me, it's a feature I will not be using until Microsoft corrects the problem. I wonder how many others need to bring this issue to Microsoft's attention until they decide to make a real attempt to correct this issue.

-Thank you

Gracias por tus comentarios. Su respuesta me dice que no soy la única persona que experimenta este problema. Por ahora, al menos para mí, es una característica que no usaré hasta que Microsoft corrija el problema. Me pregunto cuántos otros necesitan llamar la atención de Microsoft sobre este problema hasta que decidan hacer un intento real de corregir este problema.

William P. Bartholomew

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated December 25, 2023 Views 130 Applies to: