Two Microsoft 365 accounts on one computer

Hello I have a new computer at home. I am going to purchase Microsoft 365 Business for my part time business however I will also need to use this computer for my full time job therefore will need to have that Microsoft 365 account on here . I have Microsoft 365 at work on my desktop there. I also want it at home on this computer which would mean I will have two accounts on one computer. Do I need to download both of them in order to access both for apps like Teams and one drive? This would be in order for me to grab things that I need to work on from work such as grabbing something I dropped in the cloud or getting my email without signing onto the web or video meetings on teams with someone at work.

I also have an Outlook Email account for my part time business that I believe was set up as a personal account Example: *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. I also purchased Win 10 under this email. Is there a way to make that email be under my Microsoft 365 account as a business email instead? Such as for example *** Email address is removed for privacy *** or is there no difference?

Answer
Answer

Hello RJ Lee,

Thanks for your post here.

Firstly, If someone suggested you contact the support via phone number, it is a spam and please ignore the spam or report it. We are monitoring our forum to avoid the spam. And we will have actions for these replies immediately once we notice them.

For Teams, you can only install one Teams client and sign in with one account at a time. But you can use both Teams client and Teams Web App for two accounts. For OneDrive, you can add both accounts in OneDrive and here is an article for your reference: How to add an account in OneDrive. For Outlook, you can also add multiple accounts in the same Outlook so that you can check the emails of both accounts at the same time. 

For the personal account like ***@outlook.com, it can't be add to your Microsoft 365 Business subscription since the domain is outlook.com which is provided by Microsoft and it is not your own domain. But you can switch it to a business subscription. For your reference: Switch from Microsoft 365 for home to a business subscription.

For the last paragraph, if I misunderstand your meaning, please provide more details to me and I will try my best to help you.

Best Regards,

Seven

-----------------------

* Beware of scammers posting fake support numbers here.

* Kindly Mark and Vote this reply if it helps please, as it will be beneficial to more Community members reading here.

8 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 9, 2024 Views 14,994 Applies to: