Two issues. 3rd party text login request not working through Outlook, SMTP delay on outgoing emails

My University requires a text verification login and Outlook won't connect - keeps asking for the 6 digit code, over and over. It's not on the University's end. Same issue I had a year ago and it's back. I think it's a Key Chain access thing but I cannot recall or fix. I also get delays in my outgoing email - Outlook chokes and stalls due to SMTP etc. This is on a Desktop computer - it's a MAC - neither issue occur on my Mac Laptop.

*** Moved from: Outlook.com / Security, privacy, and accounts / Other ***

Hi CollisionPictures,

Thank you for choosing Microsoft community.

Have you tried to access your school account via the email web client to check if it runs well? If it's a Microsoft 365 for Education account (school account), you may simply go to Outlook on the Web (https://outlook.office.com) and sign in your account to check. And if you can access your school account normally via the web client, problem might be related with the Outlook for Mac desktop client. You may then consider 1) creating a new Outlook for Mac profile and 2) re-adding your school account to this newly created profile to check if any difference.

For your reference:

And if the issue persists, you may also contact the dedicated in-app support team. This team has richer experience with Outlook for Mac issues. To do so, click Help > Contact Support to communicate with the engineers there directly.

Hope it helps! If any update, welcome to share with us.

Thanks & Stay safe,

Qian

---------------------------
* Beware of scammers posting fake support numbers here.
* We are happy and always here to help you, and share the Microsoft 365 for business online information with you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I appreciate the response, Qian.

All those remedies are not addressing the problem. It's a Keychain issue with the Exchange/Outlook login and my University's secure login system with my specific desktop computer. As I said, I have no issues with my Mac laptop and this issue was resolved a year ago when a MS tech deleted files in my Keychain on this computer. I have logged into the Outlook Support feature in Outlook but have yet to have any help after 3 days. No replies.

Thinking I should probably just move on to a different software since I cannot get any tech support from MS.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated October 6, 2023 Views 38 Applies to: