Trying to set myself as admin to my power BI

Hi-

I'm trying to set myself with admin rights for Power BI so that I can change the settings in the admin portal...Tenant Settings.  Currently I only see Capacity Settings, I believe this is because I'm not set up as the admin.  Once I'm able to to access Tenant Settings, I believe I can set the Share Content with External Users so that I can share Power BI reports.

I am the only current member of the domain under which the Power BI account is established so no one else can assign me the admin rights. 

How do I go about this?

Thank you

Hi Billy,

Welcome to Microsoft Community : )

Regarding to your question, since your post is under Office 365 for admins category, we need to confirm with you whether you add this domain in your Office 365 tenant. If yes, you can resort to the admins of this tenant to set up a new administrator under this specific domain. After that, signing in this administrator account and assigning you as a Power BI administrator.

Login Office 365 admin account in Microsoft admin center > ensure this domain has been added in this tenant > Users > Active users > Add a user > under Username, select the specific domain > complete the setup steps.

After creating the administrator of this domain, you can sign in it in admin center and assign your account as Power BI admin.

If I misunderstand your meaning or if you have any problems of the setup process, please feel free to contact us here. Thanks : )

Best Regards,

Ariel 

--------------------------------------------
If you feel a reply works for you, please kindly vote or mark it as it will be beneficial to other community members reading this thread.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Billy,

Please check Ariel's reply and if you need any further assistance, feel free to let us know.

Best Regards,
Huni
-------------------------------------------------
If you feel a reply works for you, please kindly vote or mark it as it will be beneficial to other community members reading this thread.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 14, 2024 Views 536 Applies to: