Transferring android office apps to new device

I have fully functional versions of MS Word and Excel (save and edit) on a Tab A android device. I want to move them to a new android tablet. I used a Samsung synchronizing tool to move most of my data and apps. Word and Excel did not come over. New versions from Playstore have ads - my apps did not. Can you help?

Hi Nico×272,

We understand that you’re having concerns transferring the Office apps from your old one to your new device. Let’s check on this further and we’ll help you get this sorted out.

It’s possible that some of the Office apps are preinstalled on your new device that’s why it no longer got transferred when you’ve done the process using the synchronizing tool that you’ve used. To know more about the situation, we’d like to ask the following:

1. Are you using the MS Word and Excel apps on your old device with an Office/Microsoft 365 subscription?

2. Have you checked and compared the version of Word and Excel from your old one to your new device if they are the same?

3. May we verify when do the ads appear in the new versions of Word and Excel on your new device? Can you share a screenshot of this, so we can verify this accordingly?

We’d love to hear from you soon and provide you with recommendations. We look forward to your response.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

As regards to this post, because im having similar issues. 

1. I'm using Ms word and Excel apps on my old phone without an office 365 subscription.

2. The new phone has no Ms office apps installed in it.

Please kindly tell me what to do because i have some files on both excel and word on my old phone.

Thank you

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I thought I had the same problem, but then I discovered that a new "Office" app seems to have replaced the individual Word, Excel and PowerPoint apps. I suggest that you look in your apps to see if an Office app has been preinstalled. In my case, this Office app can open all of my old documents.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi I have a similar problem when transferred from a Tab A to S7 and this says I now need a 365 Subscription which is something that I have never needed on the Tab A which came with the office preinstalled and this and has not caused problems with the cloud

Can you advice.

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 18, 2024 Views 1,389 Applies to: