This is the qmail-send program at mailpod1.hostingplatform.com. I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following addresses.

Original Title: "Outlook 2010 Email to a particular address"

One person in the office is experiencing a problem with Outlook 2010 sending email to a particular email address.  I can send to the same email account with no problem, but her's is returned.  When she sends from our webmail message is sent without a problem. 

This is the error message we receive:

Hi. This is the qmail-send program at mailpod1.hostingplatform.com. I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following addresses. This is a permanent error; I've given up. Sorry it didn't work out.  <*** Email address is removed for privacy ***>: Sorry, no mailbox here by that name. vpopmail (#5.1.1).

When she sends to the same recipient from a RoadRunner or University address, there is not a problem.

Can you please shed some light on this strange issue?

Thank you.

Answer
Answer
Hi Michelle,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I will assist you in trying to resolve the issue; however I would require some more information;

1) What type of email account are you working on? Is it POP3, IMAP or Exchange server email account?

2) Is the email address selected from Address Book, Autocomplete list or entered manually? If it is selected from Address book or Autocomplete list, enter the email address manually and then try sending and verify the result.

You may delete the contact from address book, also remove it from the autocomplete list and re-create it and then try sending the email and see if it helps.

Reply with the necessary information and the result for further assistance.

Thank You.​

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 25, 2024 Views 5,767 Applies to: