This is a scam right?

Hello, just had a question regarding an e-mail I got earlier today. It seems that I was set up for an Office 365 subscription renewal but it's never anything I signed up for. I tried checking my Microsoft account for any records of the purchase or verification of the activated 365 subscription but nothing seemed to show proof of it. Tried calling the number and I was connected but it felt suspicious overall. Just asked for my email and subscription code, then told me there'd be a fee to pay. After giving my e-mail, said they sent an email to my account with a confirmation of the cancellation and to click the link to see to the confirmed cancellation of the subscription. It ultimately felt like they were trying to get me to click on something that would give them access to my computer/email. Should I continue to investigate this or just treat this as the spam it seems like? I've copied the email below, and there was no actual text, just this one giant image, but comes from the following address, *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

Answer
Answer

This is deffinitely a scam. Microsoft doesn't even have such product as "Window's Office 365 Subscription"

It's better to change your Microsoft account password and stay away from the microsoft support who send the emails from gmail

34 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer
Good Day FreddyX2100,

My name is Carlo, I am also using Office 365 and community member like you.
Let us work together to sort this out.

Yes, definitely a phishing scam email, that email is not legimate from Microsoft, the spelling are incorrect and that is not a phone number of Microsoft.

Don't call that number, dont' click any links on that email , and especially don't provide any of your personal information especially credit cards numbers.

To know more about Phishing emails and how to report it visit this link below.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/pro...

I hope the information above helps.
Have a wonderful day ahead and stay safe.

Sincerely,
Carlo T.
*This is a public forum and I do not work for Microsoft nor do I have access to any user accounts. To protect your privacy, do not post any personal information.

19 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 17, 2024 Views 27,479 Applies to: