the header X-MS-Exchange-CrossTenant-id is missing

In mails sent from our accounts (Office 365) to any recipient , the header X-MS-Exchange-CrossTenant-id is missing: As a result, it is not possible for our encryption appliance to validate that this mail comes from us.

Dear Memo it,

Thanks for choosing Microsoft Community.

Based on your description, I know your requirement. Since your issue is about header of the Cross Tenant. I am willing to help you but it is really out of support scope. In order to better help you, please kindly try to create a service ticket in the Office 365 admin center(Microsoft 365 admin center) by navigating to support > service requests, as they have more access than on this forum, which will help you further. Believe they can help you solve your problem.

Note: If you don‘t use admin account, please kindly to ask admin within your organization for help.

Thanks for your precious time. Have a nice day.

Sincerely,

Katherine

* Beware of Scammers posting fake Support Numbers here.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

We started having this same issue today. We contacted Microsoft Support and have a case going. They did indicate they saw other customers with a particular third-party email relay service provider having the same issue. The root issue is the x-ms-exchange-crosstenant-id message header entry is missing. It was there yesterday, not sure where it went early this morning!

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

We started to see the behavior as well.

@Kathrine Yu - such infrastructure changes shall be communicated via release notes/update info, could you point me to the direction?

We could create a ticket as well, but wouldn't that just jam the support queue?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

From my understanding:

This Header "X-MS-Exchange-CrossTenant-ID" was never published somewhere for other than internal usages and is has already disappeared on most of my tenants and customer tenants. And we used it a lot for rules and 3rd Party solution. But is it gone and someone told me, that it will disappear on all tenants.

There is another header, which is documented on some pages:

X-OriginatorOrg

I contains the SMTP-Domain of the sender (so longer a GUID of the tenant and if you have multiple domains, you have to define them all in rules or where you use them.

I blogged some days ago at https://www.msxfaq.de/cloud/exchangeonline/transport/x-originatororg.htm  (German, maybe Bing/Google/deepl may help you to read it in our language

So start changing your logic to use that header instead

Frank

Exchange MVP

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 14, 2024 Views 1,903 Applies to: