The attribute AccountDisabled changing for TRUE account user Exchange Online

Hi dear,

I'm having a problem with a user account where everyday your accountdisabled attribute is changed to TRUE even changing to $ FALSE. does anyone have an idea of ​​what it will be? I checked the logs on the AAD and we didn't identify any password errors or anything like that.

Thanks 

<Movido do fórum pt-br>

Hi Avieira094,

Greetings. From your description, after you disable the account that's associated with the mailbox, the user still can log into his/her mailbox.

To further troubleshoot this problem, we recommend you can try to disable account through the following command and reset the password of this user at the same time via connect to Exchange online PowerShell and run the following command to see if this will make any difference:

Set-Mailbox John@contoso.com -Password $password -AccountDisabled $False

If the issue persists, to help you better, may I confirm whether your concern is that you do not want this user to log in to his account or do you do not want this user to access his mailbox?

Best regards,

Jennifer

[Updated by Jennifer Shi MSFT, May 20, 2021, 9:22 AM (UTC)]

* Beware of scammers posting fake support numbers here.
* We are happy and always here to help you, and share the Microsoft 365 for business online information with you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Jennifer,

Yes, the intention is to keep the mailbox working. I made the password change to analyze if the problem was solved but the error still persists. no matter how much I use the set-mailbox *** Email address is removed for privacy *** -accountdisable $ phase after a while the attribute returns to $ true.

Best regards,

Alex Vieira

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello Alex Vieira,

Greetings. According to your description, I tested this on my side and I failed to reproduce this problem with my test account, please see below pictures:

• Make sure to set the value of the attribute "accountdisable" to true:

Under this circumstance, this user cannot access his mailbox:

• Then run the command again to set the value of the attribute "accountdisable" to False:

Wait for a while and confirm the user can access his mailbox:

• Checked the value of the attribute “AccountDisabled" via PowerShell again, its value is still False:

Given this result and to further troubleshoot this problem, our suggestion are:

1. Check whether other users in your organization also have the same problem.

2. Remove and re-assign the Exchange online license to the problematic user‘s account and check the result.

3. When the problem happens, please sign into Microsoft 365 admin center > Users > Active users > click on this user’s account and click Mail > Email APPs > Manage email APPs to check whether the user is allowed to access his email via OWA or other email APPs.

Moreover, if you need further assistance, we would like to confirm whether there is an error message when the user trying to access his mailbox via OWA? If so, please send us a screenshoot of the error message for analysis.

Best regards,

Jennifer

* We are happy and always here to help you, and share the Microsoft 365 for business online information with you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello Alex Vieira,

If you have any further concerns, please feel free to contact us.

Regards,

Jennifer

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated August 16, 2023 Views 1,603 Applies to: