Teams phone calls not working

So with so many people working remotely due to the virus, we needed a solution for certain staff to be able to have a company number on a personal device.  Teams seemed to fit the bill.  We purchased a phone plan and a call plan and applied the licenses to the required users.  Then we acquired our numbers and that is kind of where I am stuck.  After hours of waiting, I was able to assign numbers to 2 users, however the numbers do not work.  If you call the numbers, 1 of them goes straight to voicemail, and the other one returns a message that it is not provisioned.  I am not sure why this is as from what I have seen from Microsoft documentation, everything seems to be configured properly.  Also, neither of these users have access to the dialer from either the desktop or mobile app.

The other users I can't even find when I search for them to assign them numbers.  They have had the correct licenses applied for about 8 hours now.  Does anyone have any suggestions or see anything that I may have missed configuring?

|

Hello School_SYSAD,

Generally by adding O365 Calling Plans, you can now use Teams to make and receive phone calls to or from land lines and mobile phones via the public switched telephone network (PSTN). Based on your post, seems both users have no access for Calls tab, so we would like to suggest you to kindly check if you have enable the Calls tab in Teams for the affected users. Users need to have 1:1 calling enabled in Teams and using a Teams client that supports 1:1 Teams calling. To learn how to manage 1:1 calling in Teams, kindly check Set-CsTeamsCallingPolicy.

We also suggest you to kindly verify your calling plan is correctly configuration via this link https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/MicrosoftTeams/configuring-teams-calling-quickstartguide. If all the settings are correct and still user have provisioning issue, we request you to kindly provide us your affected user email id via the Private Message.

For your privacy, we will send you private message for collecting it.

Thanks and regards,

Ankita Vaidya

------------------
* Beware of scammers posting fake support number here.
* Kindly Mark and Vote this reply if it helps please, as it will be beneficial to more Community members reading here.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

So overnight, the dial pad did show up for the 2 users in question.  The number that was saying it was not provisioned now rings and is usable.  However, the other number still rings once and then goes to voicemail but never rings any of the users devices.

I have 11 more users I still need to provision but when I try to assign them a number, they do not show up when I search for them.  I have assigned them the correct licenses from the Office 365 user management portal.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello School_SYSAD,

Thanks for update. Due to this Covid-19 situation, we are unable to response you on time, so sorry for such a delay in response. If still you are facing with this issue, please check the below information.

Generally when you are setting up Calling Plans in Office 365, you must assign a phone number and emergency address to each of your users. The emergency address must be created before you can associate it with a phone number. so kindly check phone number and emergency address is correctly assigned to the user. For more information, see Assign or change an emergency address.

Note: If you add more people to your business right before doing this step, it may take several hours for them to appear on the Voice users page. There's a latency.

Further Microsoft recommends sending mail or using your business's preferred communication method to tell the people about their new phone numbers. So kindly check if user is able to view his number? And also check the calls settings from Teams application.

In Microsoft Teams, users can see their phone number by clicking Calls in the left navigation. The phone number is shown above the dial pad.

• To calls settings: Open Teams settings > calls > Under calls answering rule check “Calls ring me” option is enable and check call redirecting seconds

You may refer this article to Set up Calling Plans : https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/MicrosoftTeams/set-up-calling-plans

Thanks and regards,

Ankita Vaidya

------------------
* Beware of scammers posting fake support number here.
* Kindly Mark and Vote this reply if it helps please, as it will be beneficial to more Community members reading here.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated August 17, 2021 Views 5,946 Applies to: