Teams kills all connections

Hi

Every time I take a Teams call on my Windows 10 laptop it kills my connection.  I can remain on the call but Team will tell me that the connection has died.  At the same time I lose all connectivity even though the call will persist.  It's almost unusable.  I have taken to using Teams on my iPad as it works fine on that but this isn't a very satisfactory solution and means that I can't share my PC screen when I need to.

Teams seems to be using a ridiculous amount of system resources too.  Is there a fix?

Thank you

J

|
Hi JHarcup,

May I know whether you are using Teams Web app or Teams desktop client?

Does this issue happen on both Teams Web App and Teams desktop client?

If you are using Teams web client, please try to check this issue via using different browser to see whether the problem still occurs.

If you are using Teams desktop client, please make sure that app is latest updated. See Update Microsoft Teams

You may try to remove and reinstall the Teams app to check this issue. See Uninstall Microsoft Teams

Moreover, you may also try to check this issue via creating a new Windows 10 user account and performing a clean install the latest version of Teams client to see whether the problem still occurs.

Best regards, 
Shyamal
---------------------
* Beware of scammers posting fake support numbers here.

* Kindly Mark and Vote this reply if it helps please, as it will be beneficial to more Community members reading here.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Thank you - I am using the desktop app.  I will try these things and see if I ger a better result.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi JHarcup,

I'm writing to follow up on this thread. If there are any updates on your side, please post back at your convenience.

Best regards,
Shyamal
---------------------
* Beware of scammers posting fake support numbers here.

* Kindly Mark and Vote this reply if it helps please, as it will be beneficial to more Community members reading here.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated April 26, 2021 Views 2,468 Applies to: