Teams App Not working on Android Devices

So recently our organization decided to use Microsoft Teams for our communication. And It is working fine on Web and iPhone But no one is able to login on Android Device. Whenever we try to login on Android Device using Team App, we get this error.

There was a problem with the network. Try signing in again

I have logged in using same credentials on iOS and Web and It worked but same credentials are not working on Android.

Please guide me, how to fix this issue as it is very urgent for us.

|

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hello ShabirJan,

To better know about your situation, you may try the following steps for troubleshooting:

1. Try to use a different network connection to check if issue exists.

2. Try to clear device default browser caches (please be kindly noted that this method will removed all related history records and caches).

3. Completely exit all Office 365 related applications on device and only start Teams app to test this issue. Temporarily exit any mobile device manager or antivirus.

Meanwhile, if you’ve tried above methods and issue still exists, may I confirm the following information from you?

1. Whether your account is pure Office 365 online? If so, you may try to use the default domain (@contoso.onmicrosoft.com) to see if you can login in Teams.

2. Please confirm whether other user in same organization have the same issue.

3. Issue happened after you entered username and password? When error message prompts, is there any error code next to it?

4. Try to check updates for Teams, if there’s no available updates, could you please share the current full version number of it with us?

Best Regards,

Anna

-----------------------

* Beware of scammers posting fake support numbers here.

* Kindly Mark and Vote this reply if it helps please, as it will be beneficial to more Community members reading here.

12 people found this reply helpful

Was this reply helpful?

Yes
No

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi

1. Used 3 different networks but issue is same.

2. Cleared Browser cache (Chrome) But as I said I am able to login to teams in Browser But not inside app.

3. Exit all Office365 Apps But result is same.

More Info.

1. I dont think our account is pure office365. Account is linked to enterprise. 

2. Everyone inside our organization is not able to login Teams on Android.

3. Issue happens when I enter my email address and it goes to next screen and come back and display the error. there is no error code just an error : There was problem with the network. Try signing again.

4. App is up-to-date. Current version installed : 1416/1.0.0.2019011401

Waiting for your swift response.

16 people found this reply helpful

Was this reply helpful?

Yes
No

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi ShabirJan,

Greetings, I am the colleague of Anna and I am here to follow up on this thread, if every one in your organization can't sign in Teams for Android, may I confirm that if it's the same Android Device? If yes, please clear the Teams Cache to see if it helps. you can tap “Settings” > “Applications” > “Manage Applications” > find your Teams app from the app entry then tap it > tap "Storage" > Tap the "Clear Cache" button to delete the cache > return to Android’s home screen > restart your Teams app > sign in your account again and check the result.

If it still doesn’t work, please provide us your accurate account environment, could you please contact your admin to confirm this? Hybrid, on-premises Office 365 pure cloud.

Regards,

Bryan

14 people found this reply helpful

Was this reply helpful?

Yes
No

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi ShabirJan,

Greetings, I am the colleague of Anna and I am here to follow up on this thread, if every one in your organization can't sign in Teams for Android, may I confirm that if it's the same Android Device? If yes, please clear the Teams Cache to see if it helps. you can tap “Settings” > “Applications” > “Manage Applications” > find your Teams app from the app entry then tap it > tap "Storage" > Tap the "Clear Cache" button to delete the cache > return to Android’s home screen > restart your Teams app > sign in your account again and check the result.

If it still doesn’t work, please provide us your accurate account environment, could you please contact your admin to confirm this? Hybrid, on-premises Office 365 pure cloud.

Regards,

Bryan

Hi Bryan

Thanks for getting back. To answer your questions. No we are facing issues on different android devices used by other colleagues. 

I followed the steps you mentioned, Cleaned and deleted the email app (Curious why email app) restarted the email app and logged in using my enterprise account and I was able to login in the email app. But again tried the Teams login and getting the same old error I shared before.

Our Office365 is on-premise account environment.

Waiting for update from you,

3 people found this reply helpful

Was this reply helpful?

Yes
No

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Bryan

Waiting for update.

2 people found this reply helpful

Was this reply helpful?

Yes
No

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi ShabirJan,

Thanks for your prompt reply and sorry for delay my response since I was OOF in the past few days. If this issue occur to all Android devices, may I confirm that the affected users (not able to sign into Teams in Android device) are under the same domain? If so, we need to collect one of your affected account for further checking. To protect your privacy, I will send you a Private Message to collect it.

In addition, I will share the test account with you in private message, please try signing in this test account in your Android device to see the result. Meantime, please provide a screenshot of the error message for us. We kindly appreciate for your understanding.

Regards,

Bryan

Was this reply helpful?

Yes
No

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Bryan

Thanks for your response. Yes this issue occurs on all Android devices. Also all the affected users belong to same domain.

Check my reply in Private message as well.

21 people found this reply helpful

Was this reply helpful?

Yes
No

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi ShabirJan,

Thanks for your update and sharing with us your test result, About this issue, I need to consult related engineer to confirm more information, please give us more time for further investigation, I will get back to you within three working days. Your time and understanding will be highly appreciated.

Regards,

Bryan

2 people found this reply helpful

Was this reply helpful?

Yes
No

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Bryan

Thank you for your prompt response, But I would really appreciate if you can update me next couple of days. As due to this we are not able to take decision of using Teams as our sole communication medium. 

1 person found this reply helpful

Was this reply helpful?

Yes
No

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi ShabirJan,

I have consult related engineer, since the iOS and Web side can login to Teams normally, so the account should be OK. to check if it's caused by the DNS resolution failed, please go to Settings > Network & Internet > Tap the menu button (three vertical dots) > Network settings reset > RESET SETTINGS to reset his phone’s network to check it.

Meanwhile, to confirm if any group policy is assigned to this domain to block the Android devices to access the Teams for Android. please go to connect to Exchange Online PowerShell, after connecting successfully, then input following cmdlets and check the result.

Get-GPO -All -Domain "sales.contoso.com"

(Note: sales.contoso.com is your domain)

If it still doesn't work, to do further troubleshot and help you better, we also need to collect additional log information, please check my PM and share the log information for us in Private Message.

Regards,

Bryan

7 people found this reply helpful

Was this reply helpful?

Yes
No

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated September 17, 2021 Views 90,883 Applies to: