Synchronisation problem: I can't delete a folder because of authorisation problems.

Yesterday, I changed the name of one of my folders (size: 11gb), which I also use on 2 other computers. I didn't consider that this could take a while, but my computer actually made a new folder with the right name instead of just renaming my original folder. So, it transferred all my documents from the original to the new one.

Or so I thought, because not everything got transferred. Yet it says that the synchronisation is finished. (I changed everything in my Windows Explorer, with OneDrive synchronisation on)

I also didn't consider that I did this on the computer which isn't where I created the folder one (again, I didn't expect this much trouble). Now, when I want to delete the new folder, it says I am not authorised to do so, according to my 'original' computer. On my original computer, this 'new' folder hasn't even appeared. Something is definitely wrong with the synchronisation.

Another thing is that all of my dates got mixed up, which isn't the most important thing, but I still don't like it. My 'new' folder now contains most of the original dates.

How can I fix this synchronisation problem? Because I just want to rename my original folder, without all this transferring and changed dates. Can I reverse this action, I prefer to use the old name if that's easier. I really didn't expect that many problems from a simple name change.

Thanks in advance

|

Hi Mathis Broekaert,

Welcome to the Microsoft community.

Make sure you have administrator permissions and full control over making changes to the folder. Under "Find now" I usually select my Microsoft account since I want the folder to sync to my OneDrive account.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gum6hbPqb0g

I hope that helps. Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Best regards,

Craig

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 2, 2024 Views 26 Applies to: