Stopping OneDrive from syncing specific files

Is there a way to stop OneDrive from syncing specific files. For example, I select my documents folder to be sync'd, but in my Documents there are a few very large files that I specifically DON'T want synced. I don't see any way to stop OneDrive from specifically excluding those files. If there isn't a way to do this, are there any plans to add this functionality in the future, it seems pretty basic and would be incredibly useful. 

I.e. can I do something like right click a file and click disable syncing to OneDrive.

There's no OneDrive Office Topic, so I selected SharePoint Online as that looked the closest.

Hi Mr Mangoh,

I’m sorry for the inconvenience it may have caused you.

Currently, we can choose which OneDrive folders to sync to our computers, but there’re no options for us to stop syncing individual files or folders under OneDrive sync folders to OneDrive.

However, you can submit feedback to UserVoice, which is the official suggestion box for OneDrive. Other users will also be able to vote on the same post so that it will increase the awareness coming from the related team. More votes will make the team more aware that this is a highly requested feature.

And I noticed that there’s already someone raised this in a post, you can kindly vote on it.

For the OneDrive related questions, you can post them under OneDrive with Office or OneDrive for Business.

Appreciate your understanding.

Best regards,
Madoc

-----------------------

* Beware of scammers posting fake support numbers here.

* Kindly Mark and Vote this reply if it helps, as it will be beneficial to more community members reading here.

6 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated January 27, 2021 Views 5,570 Applies to: