Start a new line of text inside a cell in Excel without having to press Alt+Enter?

Start a new line of text inside a cell in Excel without having to use Alt+Enter every single time. Are there Options/Advanced settings to allow for this to happen? Ideally, I would like to be able to just hit Enter without having to press the Alt key.

Hi Miguel O! I'm sorry, but as far as I know, this is not possible to achieve in excel as it is the default setting. The Enter key also has its function, which is to control the direction of the movement across the cells ( down, up, left, or right depending on the settings in the advanced option) Kind Regards, Shakiru

Give a helping hand today.....

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Thank you,

I would recommend in future versions of excel to allow for such setting. Advance Settings allows you to turn off the Enter function which determines the direction of the next cell. If this is turned Off, when you hit enter, it doesn’t do anything. It would be ideal if the secondary function of the Enter, would be to add a row within the same cell automatically, if this setting is turned off.

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Miguel O! As a user, we have the privilege to suggest to Microsoft Developer to include such settings in the next version of the Excel app via the link below: https://feedbackportal.microsoft.com/ Thank you. Kind Regards, Shakiru

Give a helping hand today.....

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 8, 2024 Views 99 Applies to: