Split up Power Point content into different slides

Im looking for a quick and effective way to split slides up into multiple slides, as shown in the picture. 
I would like each box to be on its own slide.
I have tried doing this using the outline, but as you can see no content shows up there.
(These slides were originally downloaded in PDF format which I then converted into .pptx)

|

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

There is no feature in PowerPoint that enables distributing content across multiple slides. I have no idea why Joe suggested Insert> Slides From> Other Presentation. It inserts whole slides only & offers no means of importing portions of slides or selectively including only specified elements from the slides.

The only possible approach would require a rather sophisticated bit of custom VBA or an established Add-In. Perhaps one of the more code-savvy contributors will have something to offer, so check back periodically.
AI: Artificial Intelligence or Automated Idiocy???
Please mark Yes/No as to whether a Reply answers your question.

Regards,
Bob J.

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

First question is whether the slides have any content at all, other than just a picture. That is, when you converted the PDF to PPT, did you just get a picture of each page to become a slide? If that is the case, your options are more limited because you will have to edit the pictures.

In any case, what I would probably do is duplicate each slide, in this case 3 times (so you have four identical copies of each slide). Then I would use the crop tool to crop the picture to just the box you want. Then, you can expand the remaining picture to fill the screen.

If all the slides have the same format, you could probably write a VBA macro to automate the whole thing, but that would probably only be worth your time if you had at least 50 slides like this.

David Marcovitz
Author of Powerful PowerPoint for Educators
http://PowerfulPowerPoint.com/

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

First question is whether the slides have any content at all, other than just a picture. That is, when you converted the PDF to PPT, did you just get a picture of each page to become a slide? If that is the case, your options are more limited because you will have to edit the pictures.

In any case, what I would probably do is duplicate each slide, in this case 3 times (so you have four identical copies of each slide). Then I would use the crop tool to crop the picture to just the box you want. Then, you can expand the remaining picture to fill the screen.

If all the slides have the same format, you could probably write a VBA macro to automate the whole thing, but that would probably only be worth your time if you had at least 50 slides like this.

The slides do have all the content on them (i.e. I can edit the text)
Is there a way to crop the entire slide in the manner you mentioned, or would that only work if the content was a picture?

It would take way to much time to go in and enlarge every box to fit an entire slide.
(I'm going to be getting files like this with 50+ slides twice a week for the next couple months)

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm having a hard time getting my mind around exactly what you have. Can you post a sample presentation (one slide would be enough) publicly?
David Marcovitz
Author of Powerful PowerPoint for Educators
http://PowerfulPowerPoint.com/

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Basically someone uploaded this online with 4 slides per page in pdf form, and I then downloaded them and converted them to .pptx and I was hoping to find an easy way to change it back to 1 slide per page.

As you can see I can click on everything and edit it just like any other content.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

There's nothing built into PPT to help with this other than manual tedium.

Doing it via VBA is a possibility.  The code would need to know where the boundaries of the current "slides" are within each slide, then look at each shape on a slide, work out which of the four "subslides" it belongs to, and copy the correct bits to four new slides.

You'd want to make the new slides in a separate presentation that's sized to match the subslides on the four-up pages rather than any of the default sizes.  Otherwise, the code would get bogged down in a scaling mudpit, since scaling the shapes wouldn't scale the text.  

If you want to tackle this yourself, we can help.  If you want to hire it out, a couple of us do that as well.

If for some reason you HAVE to have the final slides at a particular size, I've got an inexpensive add-in that'll automate it (Windows only, though).  http://www.pptools.com/resize/

PowerPoint Help:
https://www.pptfaq.com/
PPTools:
https://www.pptools.com

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated April 4, 2021 Views 4,930 Applies to: