Spell Check option will not stay checked in Word

I need help in keeping the spell check and grammar check options to stay checked under file->options-> proofing. 

When immediately after opening Word I open a new document,  file-options-proofing has checked "check spelling as you type" although "mark grammar errors as you type" is not checked. Exceptions for Document1 has the Hide spelling errors in this document unchecked, but the Hide grammar errors in this document only is checked and grayed out. It will uncheck if I then check above, the box for "Mark grammar errors as you type"

But spell check and mark grammar boxes do not stay checked after saving. Instead, after I save that document and reopen it, the check spelling and mark grammar errors are both unchecked, and the exceptions for this document are both checked and grayed out ("Hide spelling errors..." and "Hide grammar errors..." are checked and grayed out.

In other existing documents, when opening them the check spelling and mark grammar errors are unchecked, even if I've checked those boxes before closing them.

Answer
Answer
Hello Chitrahaas, thank you for your assistance. It turns out I found a conflict with another program, that was turning off spell check and mark grammar. You can mark this closed. Dennis

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated January 5, 2024 Views 206 Applies to: