Sound won't play second time PowerPoint slide is accessed

I'm creating a branching PowerPoint Show (Microsoft 365). I have a "table of contents" slide that the user will return to after each module to choose the next module they would like to review. I have an instructional audio clip that I want to play each time the user returns to that slide. It will play the first time, but when the user returns to the slide, it will not play. How can I get the audio clip to replay each time that crux slide is accessed?

I can't find anything in my internet search. I've tried using "rewind" but it doesn't work the way I thought it would.

Thanks for your help!

Answer
Answer

Dear kimberly.davis,

Good day! Thank you for posting your query in our community. We are happy to help you.

Based on your description, it seems that you inserted video into slide, however, when you jumped to the other slide and jump back to this slide, the video will not play automatically.

We have also tested it on our side with the latest version of PowerPoint, and we can reproduce the same situation as yours.

Given this situation, we’re sorry the inconvenience caused by it. To address your concern, we’d suggest you go to PowerPoint > File > Feedback and provide the feedback. This feedback will directly go to them so that our related team can hear your voice on this feature directly.

And I found a workaround for your requirement, you can refer to John's reply below

Your understanding and patience will be highly appreciated. I hope that you are keeping safe and well!

Sincerely,

Jazlyn | Microsoft Community Moderator

***Note: In the event that you're unable to reply to this thread, please ensure that your Email address is verified in the Community Website by clicking on Your Account Name > "My Profile" > "Edit Profile" > Add your Email Address > tick "Receive email notifications" checkbox > click on "Save".***

-----------
•Beware of Scammers posting fake Support Numbers here.
•Please let us know if this is helpful and if the solution worked for you, as it can benefit others who are facing the same scenario.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer

It's because it tricks PPT into thinking it was coming to the slide from the slide before and showing the audio / animation for the first time. The zero second transition is just to ensure you don't see the extra slide.

www.pptalchemy.co.uk

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 14, 2024 Views 465 Applies to: