Skype for Business Mac Not logging in

Hi,

All of our OSX users on our Office365 Subscription are unable to login to Skype for Business.

Doing some basic troubleshooting I can see two possible issues.

Firstly according to the sfbmac.log the time is incorrect, it is exactly 12 hours behind, all of the Macs in question have the correct region and location set and are kept up to date via NTP.

Secondly and more importantly, I note that the users have linked Live accounts, this would be historical as the accounts were created a long time ago, so that means the Outlook365 and Skype passwords are different, once resetting the Skype password we were still unable to login to the app, however I can get them to login to the Skype web portal with these credentials.

The main error I am seeing the log is clearly an incorrect user/password;

(Removed by moderator to protect your privacy)

I am convinced it's due to the confusion and linked Skype/Live account to the Office365 account but can't see where to remove this association, anyone able to assist?

Thanks,

James

Answer
Answer

Hi James,

About can’t login Skype for Business for Mac, incorrect user/password, and 12 hours behind, I suggest you may let user clear Skype for Business for Mac caches to see if it works:

1. Log out and quit Skype for Business.

2. Go to Finder > press Command+Shift+G, type in the following location and delete the file

Location: ~/library/Containters> deleet com.microsoft.SkypeForBusiness

Location: ~/library/Internet Plug-Ins > delete MeetingJoinPlugin.plugin

Location: ~/library/Saved Application State > delete com.microsoft.SkypeForBusiness.savedState

Location: ~/library/Preferences > delete com.microsoft.skypeforbusiness.plugin.plist

3. Open Keychain Access from Finder > Applications> search “skype for business” in the search box, delete all files.

4. Re-start Skype for Business to check the result.

Meanwhile, after clear the caches, please try to reset Mac computer time zone and clock, then try to check updates for Skype for Business clients to see if they are using the latest version of desktop clients, if issue persists, I’d like to collect the following information to further narrow down this issue:

1. I noticed that you mentioned users have linked live account, is that means all impacted user have added live account as connected account to their Office 365 account, or just use Live account as well on their Mac computer to login regular Skype clients?

2. If these users login their account on PC clients for testing, would they encounter the same issue? Please also try to login Outlook Web App (https://outlook.office.com/owa/ ): and see if they can login and use Skype for Business integrated in Outlook Web App.

3. If issue persists after updated, could you please provide a screenshot of full version number to me?

4. About users couldn’t login, may I know whether they received the same error messages? Please provide a screenshot of full error messages to me for checking.

5. Whether it is the logs collected from Preference->General in Skype for Business for Mac? If so, you may also provide the most recent logs to me via Private Messages (to protect your privacy): https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/privatemessage/inbox .

Thanks,

Anna

--------* Beware of Scammers posting fake Support Numbers here.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated November 16, 2022 Views 4,933 Applies to: