Skype E5 dialing message: "You're not setup to use this calling feature, please contact your admin"

I've signed up for a 30 E5 trial, hoping to consolidate Skype registration and separate SIP phone registration on two different conference room devices to be able to use a Polycom touch control to control both voice and video.

Setting up the voice in Skype admin, I enabled three on-premise Skype accounts, including mine, to test, assigned US phone numbers activated through the 365 admin portal.  Yet, the number does not work when dialing into it from a phone, nor trying to call a phone from within my windows Skype client.  I am at a lost and the trial days are ticking away...this isn't where I expected to get stuck.  Anyone else ever see this before?

Answer
Answer

Hi Don Wilderotter,

From your description, it seems you wants to using PSTN calling in skype for business, and when you call a phone from windows skype for business client, you will get error message. According to the error message, please check if you set up calling plans correctly.

1. Purchasing calling plans for office 365. (If you have a service provider that provides on-premises PSTN connectivity for hybrid users, you don’t need to buy a calling plan)
  2. Assign the phone system for office 365 licenses and then assign a calling plan to the users in your organization. If you are using on-premises PSTN connectivity for hybrid users, you only need to assign a Phone System license. For your reference: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Assign-Skype-for-Business-and-Microsoft-Teams-licenses-fd41934d-f2eb-4a1b-89d8-32cb37702b33?ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US
  3. Add numbers in Skype for Business admin center.
  4. Add emergency addresses and locations for your organization.
  5. Assign phone numbers and emergency addresses to users.

You can see more details from this article.

And you mentioned you enabled three on-premises Skype for business accounts, may I know if these user are syncing from Lync server to office 365 cloud or they are pure on-premises account? Please provide more details about this.

Thanks,

Iry

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated October 26, 2020 Views 5,076 Applies to: