Sharing OneNote notebook between business and personal account

Hey, all!

I am trying to share a OneNote notebook between my business account and a personal account. The personal account is using an Android phone, and has the OneNote app. I am successfully sharing the notebook, and the notebook opens in the browser.

However, the notebook does not appear or open in the OneNote Android app.

Any idea how I could make the notebook appear or open in the OneNote Android app?

Hello V3ct0r,

You just need to log in your Microsoft Account to be able to sync your notebook on your OneNote application. If possible, can you provide us a screenshot of the issue you are getting? Also, can you try to log in to https://OneNote.com and see if you will still able to see your notebooks from there? 

If you would like me to provide additional advice, simply respond to this thread. I will get notified and I’ll reply to you as soon as I can.

Regards

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hey,

So I have created a new notebook, created a couple of test pages, and then shared it with a personal account. The notebook is named Test, created in OneNote Online. Here's what it looks like:

However, on the Android device configured with the personal account, and on the Windows desktop OneNote for the same account, the notebooks do not appear:

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you for providing screenshots in regard with your concern. It seems that there is no share button on the screenshot that you provided. Are you able to see "Shared with Me" button on the notebooks tab? Refer on the screenshot below. If yes, kindly try to sync the said notebooks.

If you are not able to see the share notebooks, then there might be a possibility that there are some issues with the notebook syncing. Yet normally you can see this kind of error message. 

Also, you may try to check your personal account if you are able to see the shared notebooks on your OneNote application. Here's how to:

1. Log in to OneNote online on any device via browser using the credentials of the personal account.
  2. Try to open the link that was generated on the first screenshot that you provided and see if you would be able to access the Notebook.
  3. Try to go back to the page where you can see all your Notebooks as shown in the screenshot above.
  4. Click on Shared with Me and check again if the notebook in question is now appearing on the list.

Let us know how it goes.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey,

Nope, I don't get any message when sharing, and the user (or users, if sharing with several other people) do appear on the Manage Access screen.

I did attempt to login to the remote user's account, and the notebook does not appear under Shared with Me.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Since you are not able to see the said button. Can you try to check if you can share personal OneNote on another personal account on OneNote application? This would let us identify if the function depends on the account. If this would work, possible that the issue is because of the business account. 

We will wait for your response. 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated April 10, 2024 Views 3,897 Applies to: