Sharing of Office 365 on same PC but different user

Hi I have set up my son on my PC as a seperate user. How can he access the Office apps which I have installed under my user name on the same PC?
Answer
Answer

Hello Henrik,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

Office 365/2016 once installed on one user account, will automatically be available for the other user accounts as well.

Login to the other user account and follow these steps:

In the main Windows Start Screen (will all the icons showing) you will be able to locate individual application icons for Office 365 applications. Check in this location and once found, you may pin the icons to the Taskbar or Start Menu by right-clicking on the application icons.

If not found in the main Windows Start Screen then try these steps:

From Windows Explorer navigate to C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office 16\root\Office16 or C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office 16\root\Office16

Note: If you are on a 64 Bit computer (64 Bit Windows 10) then you will find the Office16 folder in the following locations.

From your Windows Explorer: Browse to the location C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office 16\ClientX86\Root\Office16 or C:\Program Files (x86) \Microsoft Office 16\ ClientX64\Root\Office16.

In the Office16 folder you will find the Microsoft Word application file like this: 

winword or winword.exe

In case you do are able to find the Word file, then right-click on the winword or winword.exe file and select the option: Pin to Start or Pin to Taskbar to add the shortcut to your desktop/start screen. 

Similarly you may add the shortcuts to other Office applications from the following files:

onenote or onenote.exe

excel or excel.exe

powerpnt or powerpnt.exe

Note: If you have an Office 365/Office 2013 installation then you may look for the above mentioned files in the Office15 and Microsoft Office 15 folder/s – the above file locations remain the same as mentioned for Office16 above.

Try the above steps and let us know the result.

Thank you.

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 3, 2024 Views 3,418 Applies to: