Sharing a database between two computers

Hi All

I need some advice on setting up a small database which can be shared between two people within a small company. 

First user : admin

second user: data input only

User One:

I am planning to split the database and placing the back end on the admins computer. The admin will have full access of the database.

Second user:

The user will be responsible for only data inputting. 

I am a beginner and not sure what would be the best and easiest way of sharing an access database between two computers. I want the database to be in sync between the users at all times. There is internet availability (Wi-Fi as well)in the company but no server. Also I want the second user to have limited access and shouldn't be able to change the database design or keys.

The database design is ready to be implement( all tables and relationships have been made)

I would really appreciate any advice from yourselves.

Kind Regards

Question Info

Last updated December 7, 2019 Views 485 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

In the future, if you have a different question please start a new thread.

This is fairly easy to do but its done in a query or expression, the amount should not be stored.

You should have a table of payment options like this:

tluPayOption

PayoptionID (PK Autonumber)

PayOption

Factor

Factor would be the number of times a year they pay. So for Annual it would be 1, quartery=4 and bi monthly=6.

So your TotalAmount would be MonthlyFee*Factor.

On a form the Rowsource of your combo would include the Factor column so you would have a ControlSource like =MonthlyFee*combobox.Column(2)

The second part is more complicated. You need something to identify when payments are due. You also need a table of payments to record when payments are made. With that data you should be able to produce a report for any month indicating who owes that month and if it was paid.

Hope this helps,
Scott<>
Blog: http://scottgem.wordpress.com
Microsoft Access MVP since 2007

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.