Sharepoint Online Top Menu Bar edit

Hi all,

I am trying to edit the link on the top menu bar.

This menu item has subsites which will eventually be upgraded to the modern version however thought I would start with the main page /subsite.

Unfortunately I cannot find how to edit the URL link.

eg>  Business                                    -   this is the link to change

Finance  (subsite)

HR (subsite)

1.  I have gone into Site Settings > Navigation and highlighted Global Navigation however Edit does activate.

2.  I have tried to make a new link (eg> Business1) and then drag and drop Finance to heading.  Doesn't work.

Cannot seem to get this to update.

Any help appreciated.

PS:  I am a Global Admin

Answer
Answer

Hi Gaylesmith3,

Thanks for posting the query here in the community.

Regarding your description, you want to add URL link on Top Menu Bar in SharePoint Online site, please click the Gear button>Site information>View all site settings. As you can see below: a EDIT LINKS button appears in the top link bar. 

Click it and click the link which you want to modify. After you finished editing, click Save to save the changes.

Based on my test, I can edit link's.

The screenshot displays the links and my subsites (1 for Strategic Bids). Based on your description, I'd like to suggest you click the x mark at the right of your subsite's name then click Link to add a link for your subsite again.

For more detail you may refer this article.

If you still can't add links in the top menu bar, please share with me more info as below to let me have a better understanding of your scenario:

1.Capture a screenshot for the home page of this site. Especially include the site name, left and top navigation panel.

2.If you are able to click Setting gear>Site Settings>Navigation>capture a screenshot for settings in Global Navigation.

3. How did you create the site? Please share brief steps to help us better confirm and test this.

4. Does this issue happen to other sites? What about creating a new site? Does the issue persist?

Best Regards,

Waqas Muhammad

• Beware of Scammers posting fake Support Numbers here.

5 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 8, 2024 Views 16,162 Applies to: