SharePoint online login - endless loop in IE

Hi all,

Yet another SharePoint online infinite loop issue - I am yet to see this resolved online.

Rolling out 365 to a client and moving them away from their old SBS2008.  Trying to access SharePoint online (https://customername.sharepoint.com) and am getting stuck in an endless loop of redirects, once I sign in. 

IE11, Windows 7 64bit, fully updated.  Works with Chrome.  Works with IE11 on my office computer.  Have tried using customer's credentials and my own admin ones with same result.  If I log into 365 portal it comes up fine, then if I log in to SharePoint from there or Onedrive and a few others I get the same endless loop.

So far tried everything, including adding every bloody site to trusted sites and Intranet sites, disabling protected mode, dropping security settings ad nauseum.  No luck.

Have reset and reintstalled IE multiple times, have tried different user profiles, have removed PC from domain and created new local user - all with the same result.  Have tried dropping firewall, AV real-time scan, seemingly everything - without any luck.

Have done a trace with Fiddler, but not really sure how to use it completely.  I'm not seeing any errors as such but just the addresses redirecting through the same 3 hosts:

1.  login.microsoftonline.com

2.  customername.sharepoint.com

3.  login.windows.net

Can anyone shed any light on this?  I've spent hours so far - none of the suggestions or fixes online have made any difference.

I need to be able to load SharePoint in IE to be able to map the drive.

Answer
Answer

Hi there,

Apologies for the delay.  I stumbled upon a thread on Reddit with someone having the same problem.  Turns out their time on their SBS2008 server was set 13mins ahead and certain Office 365 pages don't like that.

Once I corrected the time on the server and PCs it worked first go.

6 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 25, 2024 Views 2,589 Applies to: